Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My UAE residency was not cancelled!

My UAE residency was not cancelled!

Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:02 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!

Originally Posted by banter64
There is a difference berween absconding and non cancellation of visa.

If you are outside of the UAE a cancellation by your previous company can be3 made only if you send your passport back along with original labor card.

For an absconding case, you have to be out of the UAE for 6 months, if you have entered during this 6 months they cannot process an absconging charge without a clear 6 months out of the country, even then if they have spoken to you via phone or e mail then a case cannot be filed.

Qatar visa will have no bearing on the UAE visa so in short you should have no issues, I take it that you received all of your dues from your previous company ?
But there ARE issues. I can't get my Qatar visa because they say my UAE visa is still current, even though I left the country in July 07
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:08 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
But there ARE issues. I can't get my Qatar visa because they say my UAE visa is still current, even though I left the country in July 07
Have you been in touch with your old company to get their low down on the uncancelled visa jimmy?If a visa is normally cancelled as matter of course after 6 months surely all they need to do is tell the powers that be when you left their employment, maybe not as easy as that eh it is after all the UAE!Good luck hope it gets sorted real soon.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:15 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not just get a new passport- it wont have the Dubai stamp in it.

Surely it is not in some sort of GCC shared database?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

This must be an unusal case as we have people on employment visas in bahrain, qatar and saudi all whilst having a UAE visa.

If you want to send me some details via pm I can ask a very nice man at the labour and immigration office to let me have a few details.

Failing that you will need to contact your previous company send your passport back to them and ask them to do an outside of country cancellation even if it has expired it still needs to be cancelled if you are saying that this is effecting your job in Qatar,
Old May 17th 2009, 5:24 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Update: the Dubai company are asking for money for abortive visa and recruitment costs because I left "suddenly and unannounced". This isn't strictly true. I had already handed in notice over a month before and would have been leaving a week later anyway, and had pretty much worked my year's contract out. Is this reasonable?
Old May 17th 2009, 7:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Update: the Dubai company are asking for money for abortive visa and recruitment costs because I left "suddenly and unannounced". This isn't strictly true. I had already handed in notice over a month before and would have been leaving a week later anyway, and had pretty much worked my year's contract out. Is this reasonable?
how much money? and no it isn't reasonable at all
Old May 17th 2009, 7:31 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
how much money? and no it isn't reasonable at all
Not sure yet. Waiting for them to say.

It's quite sickening really. They were always a vindictive bunch of childish arseholes, which is why I was only one of about 5 senior staff that left them in the space of 2 months. I remember quite clearly that I forfeited a month's salary because I left that week early as well.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite sickening really. They were always a vindictive bunch of childish arseholes, which is why I was only one of about 5 senior staff that left them in the space of 2 months. I remember quite clearly that I forfeited a month's salary because I left that week early as well.
I know I can remember the entire fiasco, bloody ridiculous if you ask me.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask them to put the demand in an email and then mail it to the labor office !! that way your visa will be cancelled and no penalty for you.

If you are really stuck PM me and I can find soem more details out for you
Old May 18th 2009, 5:55 am
Excess Baggage

Got an e-mail this morning giving me a figure of nearly DHS 50k.

Old May 18th 2009, 7:24 am
Concierge

Got an e-mail this morning giving me a figure of nearly DHS 50k.