British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   My UAE residency was not cancelled! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/my-uae-residency-not-cancelled-605611/)

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2009 12:47 pm

My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 
And now I can't get a Qatar residence permit. Bugger.

Does this mean I have to come to Dubai to get it cancelled? Shouldn't my old company have done this?

rowell Apr 26th 2009 1:07 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7515591)
And now I can't get a Qatar residence permit. Bugger.

Does this mean I have to come to Dubai to get it cancelled? Shouldn't my old company have done this?

So does that make you an absconder?

Blue Cat Apr 26th 2009 1:14 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7515591)
And now I can't get a Qatar residence permit. Bugger.

Does this mean I have to come to Dubai to get it cancelled? Shouldn't my old company have done this?

yes they should have, you have been left the UAE 6 months now so it should have just 'expired' :confused: maybe the rules have changed, if you haven't entered the UAE in the last six months it is invalid, I am sure of it.

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2009 1:18 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7515663)
yes they should have, you have been left the UAE 6 months now so it should have just 'expired' :confused: maybe the rules have changed, if you haven't entered the UAE in the last six months it is invalid, I am sure of it.

Well that's what I'm thinking, BC. I left Dubai in July 2007 and haven't returned. I need to establish if my visa has expired. I think because it isn't cancelled with a stamp in the passport it has confused the poor Qatari immigration peeps.

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2009 1:23 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 
PAH!

Just read the red smallprint and it says it does expire if you don't go back to UAE for 6 months. Bejaysus.

Blue Cat Apr 26th 2009 2:04 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7515685)
PAH!

Just read the red smallprint and it says it does expire if you don't go back to UAE for 6 months. Bejaysus.

there you go, sorted

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2009 2:05 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7515801)
there you go, sorted

Not quite. It is still showing as valid on the Qatar system. I have to get my old Dubai employer to provide evidence that it is indeed cancelled. Could be fun!

Blue Cat Apr 26th 2009 2:14 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7515805)
Not quite. It is still showing as valid on the Qatar system. I have to get my old Dubai employer to provide evidence that it is indeed cancelled. Could be fun!


you won't be able to get proof of cancellation because it hasn't been cancelled but expired. When was it due to run out - ie when was the three years up? got to be past that by now surely?

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2009 2:28 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7515821)
you won't be able to get proof of cancellation because it hasn't been cancelled but expired. When was it due to run out - ie when was the three years up? got to be past that by now surely?

December this year.

Why can't anything be simple! AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!1

shiva Apr 26th 2009 3:04 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7515843)
December this year.

Why can't anything be simple! AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!1

you need to join my rant thread mate, its cathartic

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2009 4:00 pm

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 
I'm prosthetic. No can do.

smileymiley1980 Apr 27th 2009 9:36 am

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 
now you're got me worried.....

i absconded 4 years ago, tried to return to UAE 6 months ago, couldnt get the abscondment lifted so just got a job with a european company in Qatar. Been working in their head office in europe for last 6 weeks, going to Qatar next week permanently. Am i gonna have problems getting a visa? My UAE company still holds my sponsership (so i couldnt get a job again in UAE) ie, my residence visa hasnt been cancelled but has definitly expired. Im not on a absconder blacklist cos ive been in and out of the UAE several times of the past 6 months.

I will be so frustrated and upset to lose this job if i cant get my Qatar visa.

What's the latest with your situation? Can you shed any more light?

littlejimmy Apr 27th 2009 9:52 am

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 
I've had to contact my old company in Dubai to get the matter resolved. It often depends on your PRO and who deals with your case in immigration on any given day. If you haven't already, you should probably tell your new employers what the situation is. I imagine they would rather know about any potential problems now rather than find out after the event. Drop me a PM if you have any more questions.

smileymiley1980 Apr 27th 2009 9:54 am

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 
ok. thanks for the quick response

banter64 Apr 27th 2009 9:59 am

Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!
 

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980 (Post 7518171)
now you're got me worried.....

i absconded 4 years ago, tried to return to UAE 6 months ago, couldnt get the abscondment lifted so just got a job with a european company in Qatar. Been working in their head office in europe for last 6 weeks, going to Qatar next week permanently. Am i gonna have problems getting a visa? My UAE company still holds my sponsership (so i couldnt get a job again in UAE) ie, my residence visa hasnt been cancelled but has definitly expired. Im not on a absconder blacklist cos ive been in and out of the UAE several times of the past 6 months.

I will be so frustrated and upset to lose this job if i cant get my Qatar visa.

What's the latest with your situation? Can you shed any more light?

There is a difference berween absconding and non cancellation of visa.

If you are outside of the UAE a cancellation by your previous company can be3 made only if you send your passport back along with original labor card.

For an absconding case, you have to be out of the UAE for 6 months, if you have entered during this 6 months they cannot process an absconging charge without a clear 6 months out of the country, even then if they have spoken to you via phone or e mail then a case cannot be filed.

Qatar visa will have no bearing on the UAE visa so in short you should have no issues, I take it that you received all of your dues from your previous company ?


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:16 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.