Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My UAE residency was not cancelled!

My UAE residency was not cancelled!

Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:47 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default My UAE residency was not cancelled!

And now I can't get a Qatar residence permit. Bugger.

Does this mean I have to come to Dubai to get it cancelled? Shouldn't my old company have done this?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:07 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My UAE residency was not cancelled!

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

Does this mean I have to come to Dubai to get it cancelled? Shouldn't my old company have done this?
So does that make you an absconder?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes they should have, you have been left the UAE 6 months now so it should have just 'expired' maybe the rules have changed, if you haven't entered the UAE in the last six months it is invalid, I am sure of it.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:18 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes they should have, you have been left the UAE 6 months now so it should have just 'expired' maybe the rules have changed, if you haven't entered the UAE in the last six months it is invalid, I am sure of it.
Well that's what I'm thinking, BC. I left Dubai in July 2007 and haven't returned. I need to establish if my visa has expired. I think because it isn't cancelled with a stamp in the passport it has confused the poor Qatari immigration peeps.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:23 pm
Excess Baggage

PAH!

Just read the red smallprint and it says it does expire if you don't go back to UAE for 6 months. Bejaysus.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

PAH!

Just read the red smallprint and it says it does expire if you don't go back to UAE for 6 months. Bejaysus.
there you go, sorted
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:05 pm
Excess Baggage

there you go, sorted
Not quite. It is still showing as valid on the Qatar system. I have to get my old Dubai employer to provide evidence that it is indeed cancelled. Could be fun!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:14 pm
Concierge

Not quite. It is still showing as valid on the Qatar system. I have to get my old Dubai employer to provide evidence that it is indeed cancelled. Could be fun!

you won't be able to get proof of cancellation because it hasn't been cancelled but expired. When was it due to run out - ie when was the three years up? got to be past that by now surely?
Old Apr 26th 2009, 1:28 pm
Excess Baggage

you won't be able to get proof of cancellation because it hasn't been cancelled but expired. When was it due to run out - ie when was the three years up? got to be past that by now surely?
December this year.

Why can't anything be simple! AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!1
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:04 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

December this year.

Why can't anything be simple! AAAAAAAARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!1
you need to join my rant thread mate, its cathartic
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:00 pm
Excess Baggage

I'm prosthetic. No can do.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

now you're got me worried.....

i absconded 4 years ago, tried to return to UAE 6 months ago, couldnt get the abscondment lifted so just got a job with a european company in Qatar. Been working in their head office in europe for last 6 weeks, going to Qatar next week permanently. Am i gonna have problems getting a visa? My UAE company still holds my sponsership (so i couldnt get a job again in UAE) ie, my residence visa hasnt been cancelled but has definitly expired. Im not on a absconder blacklist cos ive been in and out of the UAE several times of the past 6 months.

I will be so frustrated and upset to lose this job if i cant get my Qatar visa.

What's the latest with your situation? Can you shed any more light?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:52 am
Excess Baggage

I've had to contact my old company in Dubai to get the matter resolved. It often depends on your PRO and who deals with your case in immigration on any given day. If you haven't already, you should probably tell your new employers what the situation is. I imagine they would rather know about any potential problems now rather than find out after the event. Drop me a PM if you have any more questions.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok. thanks for the quick response
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980
now you're got me worried.....

i absconded 4 years ago, tried to return to UAE 6 months ago, couldnt get the abscondment lifted so just got a job with a european company in Qatar. Been working in their head office in europe for last 6 weeks, going to Qatar next week permanently. Am i gonna have problems getting a visa? My UAE company still holds my sponsership (so i couldnt get a job again in UAE) ie, my residence visa hasnt been cancelled but has definitly expired. Im not on a absconder blacklist cos ive been in and out of the UAE several times of the past 6 months.

I will be so frustrated and upset to lose this job if i cant get my Qatar visa.

What's the latest with your situation? Can you shed any more light?
There is a difference berween absconding and non cancellation of visa.

If you are outside of the UAE a cancellation by your previous company can be3 made only if you send your passport back along with original labor card.

For an absconding case, you have to be out of the UAE for 6 months, if you have entered during this 6 months they cannot process an absconging charge without a clear 6 months out of the country, even then if they have spoken to you via phone or e mail then a case cannot be filed.

Qatar visa will have no bearing on the UAE visa so in short you should have no issues, I take it that you received all of your dues from your previous company ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.