British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   My son is being bullied by a friend (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/my-son-being-bullied-friend-594770/)

ramram Mar 1st 2009 1:49 pm

My son is being bullied by a friend

My sons friend is bulling him in class and is calling him names. usaully when no one is aboit. My son does not want me to get involved as itvwould cause more problems. How would you handfle this situation. Everytime he tells me of the names he haqs been told , it makes me sick . Help a desprate mom pls.

p.s This is mt first thread here . Hi everyone

Blue Cat Mar 1st 2009 1:51 pm

Re: My son is being bullied by a friend

Originally Posted by ramram (Post 7334614)
My sons friend is bulling him in class and is calling him names. usaully when no one is aboit. My son does not want me to get involved as itvwould cause more problems. How would you handfle this situation. Everytime he tells me of the names he haqs been told , it makes me sick . Help a desprate mom pls.

you have got to speak to his teacher about this, how old is he?

admon Mar 1st 2009 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7334621)
you have got to speak to his teacher about this, how old is he?

alternatively, he can learn anti bully tactics from our very own bison 'the terminator'

The Dean Mar 1st 2009 2:01 pm

What precisely is your definition of the word "friend"???

The Dean Mar 1st 2009 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7334643)
What precisely is your definition of the word "friend"???

.......... and in what way would your involvement cause "more problems"???

The Dean Mar 1st 2009 2:03 pm

How well do you know the parents of this bully??

seraphnina Mar 1st 2009 2:07 pm

Agree with Bluecat because the teacher can deal with it immediately without involving others and keep a watch on it. :)

ramram Mar 1st 2009 2:16 pm

i know the mom of this kid very well and in passing have mentioned this to her, she was horrifeid and asked me if its her son. i told her i have respected my sons and not to merntion the name.

The teacher and the school know but nothing has been done. she turns a blind eye . even his friends ask this boy why is so horrible tp m y son

clarifying meaning of friends here , he comes and goes with my son out side school anb is very good to my son. but in school he takes my sons things and never gives it to him,tells him his work is horrible and swear bad word to only to my boy.

what do i do

Squirty Cream Mar 1st 2009 2:23 pm

Try to keep your son's confidence up and don't let the situation drift. Explain to him that bullies are very insecure themselves and it's a weakness in them and not your son who is weak. Then discuss a plan of action with him and if you plan to speak to the teacher and when you will be doing so.

Although your son is worried that things will be worse if you speak to the teacher, you can tell him that bullies are basically very cowardly and back down and/or run away when confronted. Could you encourage him to speak to his teacher or another member of staff he likes about the situation (this is dependent on his age), or do you think that would be more than he could cope with?

It's awful when our children are bullied. Try to get him involved with other friends as much as possible and especially outside school so that he builds up a good peer and social group which will reinforce his self confidence.

Good luck in resolving this unfortunate matter - I'm sure that you will get support from the school and your son will come through this experience and put it behind him.

The Dean Mar 1st 2009 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7334689)
Try to keep your son's confidence up and don't let the situation drift. Explain to him that bullies are very insecure themselves and it's a weakness in them and not your son who is weak. Then discuss a plan of action with him and if you plan to speak to the teacher and when you will be doing so.

Although your son is worried that things will be worse if you speak to the teacher, you can tell him that bullies are basically very cowardly and back down and/or run away when confronted. Could you encourage him to speak to his teacher or another member of staff he likes about the situation (this is dependent on his age), or do you think that would be more than he could cope with?

It's awful when our children are bullied. Try to get him involved with other friends as much as possible and especially outside school so that he builds up a good peer and social group which will reinforce his self confidence.

Good luck in resolving this unfortunate matter - I'm sure that you will get support from the school and your son will come through this experience and put it behind him.

Beautiful post, but I think you're being optimistic about the help the school will give.

No disrespect to the (large number of) teachers on BE but in my experience the staff usually deny that a problem exists - at least initially.

Ramram must try to convince her son that she will get involved, no matter what he thinks.

And yes - how old is your son, Ramram?

Blue Cat Mar 1st 2009 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by ramram (Post 7334675)
i know the mom of this kid very well and in passing have mentioned this to her, she was horrifeid and asked me if its her son. i told her i have respected my sons and not to merntion the name.

The teacher and the school know but nothing has been done. she turns a blind eye . even his friends ask this boy why is so horrible tp m y son

clarifying meaning of friends here , he comes and goes with my son out side school anb is very good to my son. but in school he takes my sons things and never gives it to him,tells him his work is horrible and swear bad word to only to my boy.

what do i do

is this school by any chance a local arab run school?

ramram Mar 1st 2009 2:34 pm

my son is 9 yrs old

ramram Mar 1st 2009 2:35 pm

my son is 9 yrs old. is a school in springs .pl

Jammy_Dodgers Mar 1st 2009 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ramram (Post 7334712)
my son is 9 yrs old. is a school in springs .pl

What nationality are you ramram?

Jammy_Dodgers Mar 1st 2009 4:00 pm

My Spider senses are tingling.....and can sense a troll..

Does anyone here remember Balushi/Metal Priest/BalushiBoy?.....etc etc

Considering the amount of spelling mistakes and the collapsing grammar, I'm guessing that english is not your first language??

e.g.

usaully
aboit
itvwould
handfle
haqs
desprate
mt
horrifeid
merntion
tp m y son
anb