My Poor Car :-(

Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Poor Car :-(

Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice if I may. I have a 'soft-top' Jeep Wrangler and now that it is a bit cooler I decided to remove the top and store that in the rear of my basement carpark in my apartment block. It was there for about a month with no problem until the maintenance guys decided to throw it all out thinking it was a pile of canvas and steel rubbish.
The garbage collectors slashed it all up to seperate the steel from the canvas.
When i got home to find it all missing the maintenance guy told me what happened and I asked them to bring it all back. Which they did the next day but it is all usless now and some parts are still missing.
The maintenance guys believe it is not their fault as they say I shouldn't store stuff there (in my own car park - which I pay rent for no less).
My argument is...they should check with me first and in anycase - advise people of not storing stuff in their carpark.
My question is....does anyone know a way in which I can make these guys accountable for this?

Thank god it doesn't rain too often.

Thanks and Regards
Kelvyn D
Old Oct 24th 2004, 6:55 am
sez1

Default Re: My Poor Car :-(

Originally Posted by kelvynd
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice if I may. I have a 'soft-top' Jeep Wrangler and now that it is a bit cooler I decided to remove the top and store that in the rear of my basement carpark in my apartment block. It was there for about a month with no problem until the maintenance guys decided to throw it all out thinking it was a pile of canvas and steel rubbish.
When i got home to find it all missing the maintenance guy told me what happened and I asked them to bring it all back. Which they did the next day but it is all usless now and some parts are still missing.
The maintenance guys believe it is not their fault as they say I shouldn't store stuff there (in my own car park - which I pay rent for no less).
My argument is...they should check with me first and in anycase - advise people of not storing stuff in their carpark.
My question is....does anyone know a way in which I can make these guys accountable for this?

Thanks and Regards
Kelvyn D

Maybe you could try and get in touch with the owner of the building and see what rights you have to storing your stuff in the car park, then take it from there.
Like you said it doesn't rain often here but still a little hot, hope you get it solved soon.

Old Oct 24th 2004, 8:56 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: My Poor Car :-(

Hi all,

Thanks and Regards
Kelvyn D
Gotta be honest - I don't think that you have any rights here - does the maint man always take yr garbage from the garage?
Old Oct 24th 2004, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Gotta be honest - I don't think that you have any rights here - does the maint man always take yr garbage from the garage?
no - it's the first time.
I think civil defence come around and anything that poses a fire risk is told to be removed. But I had no knowledge of that and I would have thought the landlord would advise tenants of such rules.
I understand the reasoning behind it and won't keep stuff there from now on (bear in mind it was part of my car - not storing lounges, books, tv's or anything ridiculous like that) but I should think a resident would be advised of this rule before stuff was taken from his/her allocated spot.
Looks like I won't get anything from them so....I have another question.....
Anyone know where I can get a cheap replaecment Jeep Wrangler Canopy?!?!
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:20 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

best bet might be the dealer, although if there is an aftermarket shop for jeeps they might have a used one laying around
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:37 am
Beduoin_Boy

Hi all,

Thanks and Regards
Kelvyn D
If you involve the police than you will get the money, The police will personelly make sure that you will get it without any court decesion.

But I recomend that you shouldn't make it an issue to those poor guys, i know you work hard for your money, if anyone that would suffer would be these maintainance guys not the company. maybe the guy have little kids that he is supporting with his income

My car's alloy wheel was totally ruined! thanks to the wash attendant but when i made it an issue, the guy told me sorry, they management was a local and when I asked him, How would this damage will be compensated? he told me that it will be done by the attendants income and the perks they receive.

Then I said forget it! I will fix it myself. sorry I am just a sensible person.

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:00 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
If you involve the police than you will get the money, The police will personelly make sure that you will get it without any court decesion.

But I recomend that you shouldn't make it an issue to those poor guys, i know you work hard for your money, if anyone that would suffer would be these maintainance guys not the company. maybe the guy have little kids that he is supporting with his income

My car's alloy wheel was totally ruined! thanks to the wash attendant but when i made it an issue, the guy told me sorry, they management was a local and when I asked him, How would this damage will be compensated? he told me that it will be done by the attendants income and the perks they receive.

BB, you sounds like a very nice gentleman
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:05 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by novita77
BB, you sounds like a very nice gentleman

To some ppl 50 dirhams is not a lot But to some its means life. I am gratefull to God that I am not in the less fortunate one.

And I have to be gratefull in my deeds.

Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

To some ppl 50 dirhams is not a lot But to some its means life. I am gratefull to God that I am not in the less fortunate one.

And I have to be gratefull in my deeds.

Are you trying my receipee of being Mr Nice guy and Mr Bad guy at the same time? Just kidding.

You deserve a clap as not many people would care about someone elses life but their own.

Keep up your kind heart and I have no doubt you are always reward for your kind acts.

If you are ever stuck behind a BMW X5 who is giving way to other cars, don't go mad, it's only me. I feel bad watching people in my mirror going mad and honking but it makes me feel good to see when others have no choice of entering the roads and I am able to ease their frustration. It is only a few seconds of delay for me but makes a huge difference to someone else who might be in a hurry. Every little gesture in life helps to feel content.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:42 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

BB once again I gotta agree with u - good stuff -

Cheers

TS
Old Oct 24th 2004, 11:43 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Are you trying my receipee of being Mr Nice guy and Mr Bad guy at the same time? Just kidding.

You deserve a clap as not many people would care about someone elses life but their own.

Keep up your kind heart and I have no doubt you are always reward for your kind acts.

If you are ever stuck behind a BMW X5 who is giving way to other cars, don't go mad, it's only me. I feel bad watching people in my mirror going mad and honking but it makes me feel good to see when others have no choice of entering the roads and I am able to ease their frustration. It is only a few seconds of delay for me but makes a huge difference to someone else who might be in a hurry. Every little gesture in life helps to feel content.

Normally I always have problem with people who have Nazi Minds mind you many expats have that... They just want the things to be as they want it and the way it pleases them.

Many ppl dont have human touch... have witnessed it so many times and the only thing i could do was to close my fist with all my force and let go.

Few days back i was at the spinneys waithing to pay, on the opposite counter a western lady (sounded British or Aussie) was shouting at the cashier and making her nervous! Do you know what was she saying??? "I HAVE MADE A PURCHASE OFCOURSE I NEED THE RECEIPT!!!!" she was saying it over and over again obviously she wanted everyones attention as well...

I was sooo ..!

It was really uncalled for. just to shout at the poor lady at the counter... they don't have any balls to even look into the eyes of someone above them but they like to put down the weaker one.

Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:16 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Beduoin_Boy]Normally I always have problem with people who have Nazi Minds mind you many expats have that... They just want the things to be as they want it and the way it pleases them.

Many ppl dont have human touch... have witnessed it so many times and the only thing i could do was to close my fist with all my force and let go.

Few days back i was at the spinneys waithing to pay, on the opposite counter a western lady (sounded British or Aussie) was shouting at the cashier and making her nervous! Do you know what was she saying??? "I HAVE MADE A PURCHASE OFCOURSE I NEED THE RECEIPT!!!!" she was saying it over and over again obviously she wanted everyones attention as well...

I was sooo ..!

In the short time I have been here I have seen this so often, white women expats making a meal out of something stupid. They wouldn't do it in their home country but feel bigger here. Some cannot handle their newfound power they think they have.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:38 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks and Regards
Kelvyn D
Technically, I think the landlord or the maintenance company should be held responsible.........I know someone who experienced something similar......He left his car in his car-park (as u do) while he went on a summer holiday......during his absence, welding work was carried out on the roof on his Greens apartment building and guess wot......the pain on the car boot was ruined!

After contacting EMAAR, the informaed him that he had been notified by fax.......he argued that they shud have moved his car when they realised he wasnt in town.........the end of the story is that they paid for the re-painting. I think ur case is very similar.......get on the phone to that landlord!
Old Oct 24th 2004, 3:01 pm
Premium Member

In the short time I have been here I have seen this so often, white women expats making a meal out of something stupid. They wouldn't do it in their home country but feel bigger here. Some cannot handle their newfound power they think they have. [/QUOTE]
So true.... although its not just the ladies - the men do it also - and its not just the brits - we are about average on the grand scale of things - some of the richer asian subcontinent gents treat the hired help abominabally - they shuld be locked up and the keys thrown away.
That feels better

Cheers

TS
Old Oct 24th 2004, 3:12 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
although its not just the ladies - the men do it also - and its not just the brits - we are about average on the grand scale of things - some of the richer asian subcontinent gents treat the hired help abominabally - they shuld be locked up and the keys thrown away.
That feels better

Cheers

TS
Well said!.........lock em up and forget about them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.