Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My Husband has been approached by Neom i have so many questions?

My Husband has been approached by Neom i have so many questions?

Old Sep 7th 2022, 11:37 am
Just Joined

TheScotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, my husband has been approached to work for neom. I have so many questions ideally we would want to make the move as a family we have 2 boys aged 8 & 13 years so my main concern is the eldest child. We are from the UK, so obviously life would be very different, we also have a dog so would want to bring him with us.

Has anyone done the move with older children how do you find the schools & accomation? Has anyone chosen to find a villa on a expat command rather than stay at neom?

Whats the maximum bedroom availability on neom? I cant see any mention of anything bigger than a 2 bed that would be no good for us.

Can you advise me of any other groups on social media i can join to help research information please, thank you. The money is a great opportunity but its a very scary.

Of course schools will be a major issue? Does anyone have any advice?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 7th 2022 at 12:47 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2022, 12:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Husband has been approached by Neom i have so many questions?

Hi, welcome to BE.

Unfortunately, a 2 bed is the biggest accommodation available (and even that has a waiting list), the school only goes up to Yr 8 I think so depends on which year your son is in? But a search of the main NEOM threads should give you lots more info, grab a cuppa and get reading! There's tons of info in those.

My husband has also been approached many times about a job at NEOM and we also have two older teens, we've said no for those reasons. A few people suggested to us that the family lives elsewhere and he just flies back and forth, we're not prepared to do that but it may work for others.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 7th 2022 at 12:57 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2022, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

My eldest has just started year 9 & youngest year 4.

Neom accommodation would not be for us then. How about living on another compound & outside private school?

Is the Neom main forum on here?

Thank you
Old Sep 7th 2022, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheScotts
My eldest has just started year 9 & youngest year 4.

Neom accommodation would not be for us then. How about living on another compound & outside private school?

Is the Neom main forum on here?

Thank you
You mean a compound a flight away? I believe the family can live somewhere like Dubai if that's easier. NEOM will pay for boarding school if needed.

The other NEOM threads are just further down the page, you can search them for info on specific subjects or just have a good read, there's so much info there.

Good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2022, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Thank you ill have a look.

I wouldn't want a boarding school more me & the kids live there then my husband could come fly over every other weekend.

I did mean are there more kind of villa expat compounds we could rent rather than stay at Neom, but if Dubai would work that would be good for me, i have family in Dubai.
Old Sep 7th 2022, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you ill have a look.

I wouldn't want a boarding school more me & the kids live there then my husband could come fly over every other weekend.

I did mean are there more kind of villa expat compounds we could rent rather than stay at Neom, but if Dubai would work that would be good for me, i have family in Dubai.
Old Sep 8th 2022, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

No compounds close by and there won't be anything more than 2 beds in camp I think. If you are happy living somewhere in Riyadh or Dubai etc then that's probably your best bet. There are kids of that age in camp, but plenty of people have the family elsewhere too. Certainly more going on in Dubai!
Old May 23rd 2023, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Simona K. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi TheScotts, my husband just accepted the initial offer to process background checks etc., planning to join any time soon and bring our pet along, you mentioned that you wished to bring your dog along, what was your experience on that topic after all? Would be great to get some insight! Thanks