Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My Holiday Is Booked!!

My Holiday Is Booked!!

Old Jun 28th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Holiday Is Booked!!

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja
Ethos & Zico,

So is it easy to drive there ? as im thinking of hiring a car while im there. Or is it easier to get a taxi?
It depends on what kind of driving you are used to. If your into rollercoaster driving you'll be fine!

Some not even that bad clips on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5VlW...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdpC8TTfVfQ

Not that taxi's are any better though, but if your not used to it you can at least close your eyes and sit out the trip (Like my dad did when he came over for a visit )
Old Jun 29th 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

Originally Posted by WaqasKhawaja
Ethos & Zico,
Thanks guys, this is very useful info. its the type of info im after.

Looks like i will be hitting Duabi alot then
Really looking forward to coming.

So is it easy to drive there ? as im thinking of hiring a car while im there. Or is it easier to get a taxi?
Dude I drive daily from Dubai to Ab Dubs - I was thinking this morning whilst driving in and avioding the complete morons, that if you learned to drive in London then you're better than 98% of drivers here.

FYI it took me 56 mins from Marina to Corniche.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zico2009
FYI it took me 56 mins from Marina to Corniche.
wow that is good, it used to take me 1hr 30 from jbr to the corner of airport road/13th st at peak times during the working week. The traffic in and around AD can be a nightmare...
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Foxes
wow that is good, it used to take me 1hr 30 from jbr to the corner of airport road/13th st at peak times during the working week. The traffic in and around AD can be a nightmare...
The key is realising that all the locals/ indian/ pakistanis et all only know how to drive in a straight line. They will go at 180KM+ but all slow down when the get bogged behind one guy. I tend to move around (when safe to do so) therefore always keeping my average speed up.

Hopefully on the way back home it shouldnt be more than 1hr 5 mins.