Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My disappointing experience!

My disappointing experience!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Adan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My disappointing experience!

Originally Posted by Face81
good luck mate and remember to threaten him with a law suit. Tell him that he will be hearing fro your lawyers very soon and the charge would be discrimination on the grounds of nationality.

That ought to go down quite well.
Funny you say that Face because I thought of sending an email or calling the HR department at that company and getting their opinion on the behaviour of this manager! But I'm too nice for this.....sadly.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:10 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Adan
Funny you say that Face because I thought of sending an email or calling the HR department at that company and getting their opinion on the behaviour of this manager! But I'm too nice for this.....sadly.
u should just tell them that if you do not get a written appology for his appalling behaviour, u will refer the case to the ILO (the international labour organisation) and tell them u will c them in court.

that should stir up a little office tension. LOL
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Adan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SAMY_B
Hello Adan,

I am in the same situation : double citizen Arabic/Westerner, my first name/last name is a pure Arabic one. I don't feel that my double citizenship was an handicap during my job search.
My search is well advanced. As I am moving for 2 weeks to UAE, I have to face many interviews with Westerners and/or Arabics. First contact I had thru email/phone was positive and I am expecting to get more result there.

Sure you had a bad experience with this guy, but don't stop there. I believe that you had to face such situation (with your compatriots or others). Each knock you have will make you more robust, and you have to 'enjoy' this experience for next.

Good luck for your searchs, if you are persistent, I am sure that you will give us good news soon.

Samy
Hi Samy,

You're right. Now I feel more prepared the next time I encounter such people. In fact I'm hoping he would call to see why I didn't follow-up after our conversation so I can let him have it.

Good to know that your dual citizenship didn't stand in your way. Gives me hope. I'm very glad you made it to such an advanced stage in your search. I wish you the best with the remaining steps of settling in. As for me I am not discouraged one bit (Ok I was after the phone call). I want this and I will do whatever I can to have it. This is not specific to Dubai or Dublin or any city, it's my general attitude in life.

Success Samy

Adan
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

u should just tell them that if you do not get a written appology for his appalling behaviour, u will refer the case to the ILO (the international labour organisation) and tell them u will c them in court.

that should stir up a little office tension. LOL
You're a real fighter aren't you Face? :scared: You know this moron is still in Europe, maybe I should drive over to where he is and make a scene at his company Naah....I will let it go this time..........I think I will invest my energy in my search and not waste it on some looser. Like your attitude though
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:19 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

You're a real fighter aren't you Face? :scared: You know this moron is still in Europe, maybe I should drive over to where he is and make a scene at his company Naah....I will let it go this time..........I think I will invest my energy in my search and not waste it on some looser.

i wouldnt waste my time on physically meeting the idiot again, but a quick call to cause office wide panic cant be too bad an idea, can it? lol

Like your attitude though
cheers buddy.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Never be sad about being a nice person Adan and never be tempted to sink to other people's levels either. Rise above it and move on is the best thing to do.

I am a firm believer that eventually, everyone gets what they deserve. So stay nice!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Never be sad about being a nice person Adan and never be tempted to sink to other people's levels either. Rise above it and move on is the best thing to do.

I am a firm believer that eventually, everyone gets what they deserve. So stay nice!
Thanks LL.........I will stay nice, and it's good to know there are equally nice people like you out there. Just sent you some Karma but I don't know how to check if you got it
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks LL.........I will stay nice, and it's good to know there are equally nice people like you out there. Just sent you some Karma but I don't know how to check if you got it
Got it and returned it!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:23 am
The Oracle

Got it and returned it!
u never return mine.

only joking.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

u never return mine.

only joking.
I still can't give you any more, that's why!!! Just tried again, but I'm obviously too selective in who I give to.

Anyway, it's the thought that counts.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:30 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't give you any more, that's why!!! Just tried again, but I'm obviously too selective in who I give to.

I've just sent you some LL
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:31 am
The Oracle

will let u off this time, but i have got my on on u. LOLOLOL
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

will let u off this time, but i have got my on on u. LOLOLOL
Sounds scary! :scared:

Would love to stay & chat folks, but got to go & change an offensive nappy then make lunch for the Little Lakers. Don't you just love Fridays?!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:37 am
The Oracle

Sounds scary! :scared:

Would love to stay & chat folks, but got to go & change an offensive nappy then make lunch for the Little Lakers. Don't you just love Fridays?!
well atleast u have the day off and u r in Dubai..... i miss home and i have to work today and everyday till i leave!

6 days, 6 days, 6 days...........