Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

My company owe me money.

My company owe me money.

Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:54 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice
Default My company owe me money.

I have just had a chat with my manager before returning to Dubai,he says there is a 70% chance they will have to let me go as the company has to cut costs.
The last few months I was in saudi and having to pay my expenses out there which amount to rather too much than I would like to admit.Does anyone know how I stand regarding this situation.I have just spoken to a guy who left earlier in the year and they still owe him 500 quid,I wish that was all they owed me

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My company owe me money.

Originally Posted by glynster
I have just had a chat with my manager before returning to Dubai,he says there is a 70% chance they will have to let me go as the company has to cut costs.
The last few months I was in saudi and having to pay my expenses out there which amount to rather too much than I would like to admit.Does anyone know how I stand regarding this situation.I have just spoken to a guy who left earlier in the year and they still owe him 500 quid,I wish that was all they owed me

do you have anything that belongs to them? we held our Car back until we go our dues
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynster

do not sign anything until you receive all your end benefits,mediation with your employer is the first step on your expenses,if this fails there is a mechanism which allows you to file a complaint with the labour court, you have to stick around for that one though.
they probably need coercing into payment ,a lot depends on your relationship with your employer, good luck
Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:45 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

local company or multinational?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:52 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by commander
local company or multinational?
They say we are a local company run independant from the uk,we have a seperate web site but we get advice and training from the uk,so not sure on that one Commander.

I dont really have anything to use for negotiating, I do have a car as you say but I cant take that back to the uk so with holding it is not really an option.

Also I do have a good relationship with the company and was sub contracting for them in the uk. But they are skint and I dont trust anyone at the moment.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omer hussain
Attn: British Expats

The Times Newspaper U.K is currently being printed in Dubai,

We would like to offer a 2 week free-trial to the paper to all residents of the U.A.E

Contact
Omer
04-3757513
just extend my existing one by 2 weeks, ta