Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Muscle cars - what a disappoinment

Muscle cars - what a disappoinment

Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Muscle cars - what a disappoinment

At the weekend decided to go have a look for a car. Always fancied one of the american muscle cars, challenger, mustang or camero, with a 6ltr plus v8 engine burbling away. I know the mustang doesn't have that size of engine before anybody highlights that

Looked at a Challenger SRT8 and a Mustang GT and what a let down. Look fantastic from the outside, but when you sit in one it can only be called boring and reminded me of the standard cars that the two companies produce. Was allowed to start up the Challenger and the exhaust sounds strangled.

So the dream has evaporated and its back to the drawing board, maybe a Skoda!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muscle cars - what a disappoinment

My advice: Get the Challenger SRT, change the exhaust, avoid Sharjah
Old Sep 30th 2012, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Skodas are great cars if a little bland looking

My mate Fadi at Ali & Sons, Abu Dhabi just called me with news that the 2013 Toe-rag I had my eye on has been reduced 28k to 143k and they have one in the brown in stock (or white or grey).

Tempted
Old Sep 30th 2012, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Not going to be an issue to miss Sharjah as I am in Doha.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 7:29 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
At the weekend decided to go have a look for a car. Always fancied one of the american muscle cars, challenger, mustang or camero, with a 6ltr plus v8 engine burbling away. I know the mustang doesn't have that size of engine before anybody highlights that

Looked at a Challenger SRT8 and a Mustang GT and what a let down. Look fantastic from the outside, but when you sit in one it can only be called boring and reminded me of the standard cars that the two companies produce. Was allowed to start up the Challenger and the exhaust sounds strangled.

You need the big engined European stuff. You can pick up Audi S's at a reasonable price or Merc 500/BMW M stuff. More expensive but 10 x better cars.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You need the big engined European stuff. You can pick up Audi S's at a reasonable price or Merc 500/BMW M stuff. More expensive but 10 x better cars.
I know that is what I should be looking at, but just always had this boyhood fantasy about a big block V8.

Cheap with loads of bhp, shocking handling but out here it seems the right thing to have, or so I thought until the weekend!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The original muscle cars were just cheapo, ho hum cars that just happened to have oversized engines. And, another thing to remember, one of the earliest campagners for muscle cars was John Z. DeLorean....
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:50 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
The original muscle cars were just cheapo, ho hum cars that just happened to have oversized engines. And, another thing to remember, one of the earliest campagners for muscle cars was John Z. DeLorean....
Well I was going to say "hey what about the corvette" seems most consider it a sports rather than muscle car. Still want one.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 8:57 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

An older guy in a Camaro seems wrong, it screams either midlife crisis or never grew up.
I am assuming you are of older vintage here.

Anyhow how about a boring car for work and a second hand v8 or similar for knocking about in. Also one of the older Nissan skylines might be fun, stupid power but with the addition of some kind of handling.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
An older guy in a Camaro seems wrong, it screams either midlife crisis or never grew up.
I am assuming you are of older vintage here.

Anyhow how about a boring car for work and a second hand v8 or similar for knocking about in. Also one of the older Nissan skylines might be fun, stupid power but with the addition of some kind of handling.
No mid life crisis here, just never grew up and proud of it.

Got the boring car sorted, the wife is driving that. The skyline is too stupid for here, plus chances are that any 2nd hand one would have been thrashed to death.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Holden commodore SS v line. 150,000 of your riyals. Aussie is the only country still making real muscle cars
However if an SRT challenger leaves you unstirred in the trouser department then best get the testosterone levels checked jeldi and your ears de-waxed
It's like finding Olivia newton John naked in your bed gagging to be rogered (ladies and homosexuals substitute brad Pitt) and then complaining they are wearing marks and sparks comfy knickers

And yes I was at the Holden dealer today drooling at the 6.0 v8 and if Olivia wants to rock up in M&S comfy knickers then it's good by me. And yes I am old, always loved v8's so no mid life crisis
Old Sep 30th 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Holden commodore SS v line. 150,000 of your riyals. Aussie is the only country still making real muscle cars
However if an SRT challenger leaves you unstirred in the trouser department then best get the testosterone levels checked jeldi and your ears de-waxed
It's like finding Olivia newton John naked in your bed gagging to be rogered (ladies and homosexuals substitute brad Pitt) and then complaining they are wearing marks and sparks comfy knickers

And yes I was at the Holden dealer today drooling at the 6.0 v8 and if Olivia wants to rock up in M&S comfy knickers then it's good by me. And yes I am old, always loved v8's so no mid life crisis
Have you seen Olivia Newton John recently?

Love the look of the Challenger but the engine sound is defo being restricted by the standard exhaust. Can only guess that the american environmentalists are having there wicked way with regard noise pollution. The wife also commented on how tame it sounded.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 12:27 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh

Olivia Newton John now or 20 to 30 years ago. Shes still fine just not what she was. Yes I know who is.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Just get yourself an AC Cobra, and if finances alllow it, get a Shelby Cobra.
No AirCon though so a bit of a problem....
Old Sep 30th 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at the Camaro ZL1 - 6.2 litre supercharged

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.