British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Murour Building, Murour Street? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/murour-building-murour-street-626489/)

MrsBB Aug 19th 2009 12:42 pm

Murour Building, Murour Street?

Have just be given my new address! Does anyone know of it at all? x

zoukla Aug 19th 2009 1:36 pm

Re: Murour Building, Murour Street?

Been thinking the same thing with mine Al karama Abu dhabi?:rofl::rofl:

busybee2 Aug 19th 2009 3:14 pm

no muroor st is actually a very long street named after the area of muroor so no help there, need more landmarks, ie what roads, 4th st and something? in muroor there are banks, pizza hut etc etc.

same with karama, again that is the area name, named after 24th st karama road, so landmarks are needed, in that area there is karama compound or al dhafra compounds being the main ones.

soukie Aug 19th 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by MrsBB (Post 7856793)
Have just be given my new address! Does anyone know of it at all? x

I take it that you are not in Abu Dhabi yet! This is probably Muroor Road (4th St) also commonly known as bus station road (you will get used to all this when you arrive:rofl:). I don't know the Muroor building but it's probably a tower block. I'm sure someone will come along soon who does. You usually find places by what's on the ground floor eg - the Dirham Plaza building or Abu Dhabi Commercial bank Building etc etc

MrsBB Aug 19th 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks guys! Will try and find out some more info x

hawkhead Aug 20th 2009 5:23 am

Zoukla, Karama's not such a long street (by AD standards). It's nice - one block in from airport road (the main drag through the island and to the airport - surprise surprise) and is all villas. The end nearest town can get a bit jammed with traffic during rush hour but not too bad. It's a fairly green area, tree-lined roads and a couple of parks. Erm, can't think of anything else. Is there anything specific you want to know about it?

commander Aug 20th 2009 5:27 am

Originally Posted by hawkhead (Post 7859214)
Zoukla, Karama's not such a long street (by AD standards). It's nice - one block in from airport road (the main drag through the island and to the airport - surprise surprise) and is all villas. The end nearest town can get a bit jammed with traffic during rush hour but not too bad. It's a fairly green area, tree-lined roads and a couple of parks. Erm, can't think of anything else. Is there anything specific you want to know about it?

we have just rented a 6 bedroom gaff in Karama..right opposite Khalifa Hospital..

which is great for heart patients it must be said..