murooj apt swap

Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

aaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really nice
Default murooj apt swap

hi all, i am in the murooj in a 2BR+ Maid apt on the old rent (78K). any one in a 3 BR apt with old rent would be interested in swapping with me. we can arrange this internally between us.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: murooj apt swap

Originally Posted by aaa1966
hi all, i am in the murooj in a 2BR+ Maid apt on the old rent (78K). any one in a 3 BR apt with old rent would be interested in swapping with me. we can arrange this internally between us.
if there is a change in leasholder they up the rent though, not that I have a three bed to swap you with anyway
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aaa1966
Be careful - if the landlord hears of it both of you can be evicted! Hope you don't have any nosy/jealous neighbours......
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:38 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

How will you get around this arrangement when the rent is due in January.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zannie
How will you get around this arrangement when the rent is due in January.
They will continue with the arrangement - each signs for their own contract but just live in the other's apartment....
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

aaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really niceaaa1966 is just really nice

thanks indiegirl, that's one way. beside my apt is under company name (not personal) and that can work another way
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:55 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

I'm in the Murooj and on the old rent with contract in name of previous company. But visa has now changed so they've told me in January they will class it as new contract, even though it's still me living in it - my rent will go up 65K!! The manangement company are not very flexible
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

wow, are u in a 3 BR and how much is your current rent?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:57 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

No, in a 2 bed. But one of the smaller ones. Think this year it's either 78 or 82K, can't remember of the top of my head. But 2 beds are now going for 150K which is bonkers. And my flatmate can't use the pool as her name is not on the contract and I'm not allowed to sub-let.......
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:47 am
Just Joined

girl you are suffering. you should have let your company send a letter adding your flat mate as another staff living in the apt, since its in their name. unless your company doesn't know that you are subletting
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lillygirl
I'm in the Murooj and on the old rent with contract in name of previous company. But visa has now changed so they've told me in January they will class it as new contract, even though it's still me living in it - my rent will go up 65K!! The manangement company are not very flexible
Is it possible to speak to your ex company to renew the contract and let you stay - a shot in the dark I know, but if you've parted on good terms, who knows?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:32 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lillygirl
As from this year I didn't think by law they are allowed to do this. I'm sure the law states, if the rent went up at all last year, the landlord cannot increase the rent, even to new tenants and if the rent wasn't increased last year, it could only be increased by 7% at the most regardless if you're a new tenant or not.

I thought this arrangement was to stop landlords chucking people out of their homes for them to get new tenants in at a higher rent.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

the problem is dubai law is not like Abu Dhabi. In AD the 7% is imposed on the rented unit, regardless of changing tenants, while greedy enough Dubai law impose it on the tenant. so if the tenant change landlord are home free with whatever they want. i think we start a campaign requesting the law to be the same in duabi as in AD
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GarethR
As from this year I didn't think by law they are allowed to do this. I'm sure the law states, if the rent went up at all last year, the landlord cannot increase the rent, even to new tenants and if the rent wasn't increased last year, it could only be increased by 7% at the most regardless if you're a new tenant or not.

I thought this arrangement was to stop landlords chucking people out of their homes for them to get new tenants in at a higher rent.
The rent in my building for a 2 bed have gone from 70k to 135k - so not sure whether the law applies to new tenants? If a tenant is kicked out under the pretext of the owner wnating to occupy the place and instead rents it out higher, then the rule is that he compensates the ex tenant with the difference (and that too after a 1 year/"reasonable" notice period). Rules are skewed in favour of existing tenants

She would be considered a "new" tenant as the party to the contract is changing? Also definitely worth checking with the rent committee - heard they are closed for summer
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:26 pm
Mt1
Just Joined

Mt1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I m actually looking for an apartment in murooj, a one bedroom anyone know if there s any avail ?
THanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.