British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Mozzies and Garlic Tablets! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/mozzies-garlic-tablets-526483/)

MrsHaps Apr 3rd 2008 9:07 am

Mozzies and Garlic Tablets!

First what is the Mozzies like in the middle east? AND if i have garlic tablets in my case would that be okay?

AND do doctors over there prescribe contraceptives (pill, injection etc)?

Meow Apr 3rd 2008 9:13 am

Re: Mozzies and Garlic Tablets!

We do have some mozzies, but it is rarely a major issue. To stop them biting take Brewers Yeast tablets.

Garlic tablets available here and contraceptive pills are available over the counter.

MrsHaps Apr 3rd 2008 9:14 am

Meow that is music to my ears, everywhere i go i get eaten alive!! took Garlic tablets last year and it was the first year they did not bite!!!!

Thanks for the info, we are coming over on Tuesday to hopefully finalise a job offer so fingers crossed we will be over there by June! Rather excited! xx

Blue Cat Apr 3rd 2008 9:45 am

well I have got 8 mozzie bites on my ankles after a night at a friends house on the Springs, going again tonight but with mozzie spray this time! :ohmy:

MrsHaps Apr 3rd 2008 9:47 am

Im a little over the top with the mozzie spray! Never wear perfume, other than eau de Deet!!

Meow Apr 3rd 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6151965)
well I have got 8 mozzie bites on my ankles after a night at a friends house on the Springs, going again tonight but with mozzie spray this time! :ohmy:

Eat more Marmite & you won't get bitten as much. It has the same properties as brewers yeast & really does keep the bugges away.

:D

MrsHaps Apr 3rd 2008 10:40 am

Oh my god, that is my choice, eat Marmite or get bitten...... bah!

NedKelly63 Apr 3rd 2008 10:46 am

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6151775)
First what is the Mozzies like in the middle east? AND if i have garlic tablets in my case would that be okay?

AND do doctors over there prescribe contraceptives (pill, injection etc)?

Try having a sh*g indoors. ;)

Blue Cat Apr 3rd 2008 10:54 am

Originally Posted by NedKelly63 (Post 6152286)
Try having a sh*g indoors. ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

lionheart Apr 3rd 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6151798)
We do have some mozzies, but it is rarely a major issue. To stop them biting take Brewers Yeast tablets.

Really, doctor! So how does that work? Would coating my skin with marmite have the same effect or does it have to be in the blood stream?

MrsHaps Apr 3rd 2008 10:58 am

:rofl:

Meow Apr 3rd 2008 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6152339)
Really, doctor! So how does that work? Would coating my skin with marmite have the same effect or does it have to be in the blood stream?

Bathe in marmite and I doubt any living creature would come near :D

Blue Cat Apr 3rd 2008 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6153250)
Bathe in marmite and I doubt any living creature would come near :D

BUT would a living creature come near to LH anyway, this is the question :p

Meow Apr 3rd 2008 2:53 pm

Taken as read! ;)

Karlos The Jackal Apr 3rd 2008 6:12 pm

Think your right with the marmite but its much easier to take a multi-vitamin containing vitamin B12 !

Worked a treat in Marbella last year and you don't have an array of stray dogs and cats following you around as with the marmite solution ! :D