Moving to UAE

Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

DrJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to UAE

I've just had an interview for a job in Al Ain, and it seems to have gone well so i am hopeful that i will get the position.

I am gay and I was wondering what life is like for gay men in UAE. I don't mean can i find a man there as I am not single anyway. But I am wondering about tolerance
Old Aug 27th 2011, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UAE

Originally Posted by DrJason
But I am wondering about tolerance
Slightly south of zero and punishable with a lengthy prison sentence.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

At least you should be able to cohabit with your loved one without any fear of breaking the law.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

It's like anything in this part of the world mate . Keep yourself to yourself and keep your own business personal.

Al Ain is defiantly not Brighton that's for sure but many people live without fuss here
Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dr.

One of my very good friends out here is a bit of a queen, when I met him my gaydar had sirens and flashing lights going off. He works across the region and to regularly gets asked by locals when is he going to have a girlfriend etc- they do not have clue. He has a partner out here, they do not live together but they do share a hotel room when they have weekends away and if they are given a twin they request a double bed and have never had any problems. I would say be discreet, if your partner is coming to stay a lot then rent a 2 bedroom place so if you do have any problems you an just say he is a guest.

My friend here has had enough though- he has been here for 5 years, he hates not being able to be himself and having to be on his guard. And be aware that you could be arrested so admit nothing to anyone!

I'm sure you'll be fine though
xxx
Old Aug 27th 2011, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

DrJason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hey Dr.

One of my very good friends out here is a bit of a queen, when I met him my gaydar had sirens and flashing lights going off. He works across the region and to regularly gets asked by locals when is he going to have a girlfriend etc- they do not have clue. He has a partner out here, they do not live together but they do share a hotel room when they have weekends away and if they are given a twin they request a double bed and have never had any problems. I would say be discreet, if your partner is coming to stay a lot then rent a 2 bedroom place so if you do have any problems you an just say he is a guest.

My friend here has had enough though- he has been here for 5 years, he hates not being able to be himself and having to be on his guard. And be aware that you could be arrested so admit nothing to anyone!

xxx
Thanks to everyone who has replied. I appreciate it. I will take on board everything that has been said!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hey Dr.

xxx
My gay friends have a 2 bedroom apartment. They keep clothes and toiletries in the spare room so that if anything happened and police etc turned up then both rooms are occupied and they are just mates sharing an apartment. Mind you another gay friend of mine has met so many local "friends" in various bars out here!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
It's like anything in this part of the world mate . Keep yourself to yourself and keep your own business personal.

Al Ain is defiantly not Brighton that's for sure but many people live without fuss here
exactly.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Mind you another gay friend of mine has met so many local "friends" in various bars out here!
In Bahrain, I see so many gays...i have more gay friends here than I ever did anywhere in the west. Both locals, arabs and expat. I mean, 2 guys in a mall holding hands is totally normal out here..I even read a blog sometime ao from a german who moved to ksa and said he never felt less targeted..as being gay is not even considered when you meet people.