Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Saudi - Khamis Masheet

Moving to Saudi - Khamis Masheet

Old Aug 28th 2009, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the rough
Default Moving to Saudi - Khamis Masheet

Well we posted her a few months back when my husband was looking at jobs overseas - mainly ME - well in the end he was offered a few - 2 in Dubai, 1 in Abu Dhabi, 1 in Qatar, 1 in Kuwait and 1 in Saudi - well we decided to take the one in Saudi - the wage is good, contract good, package good and a pefect starting point for us to begin travelling as a family! It is in an area not far from Abha - Khamis Masheet - in the mountains, so one thing the climate will be a little more temperate than it would be anywhere else! He will be head of chemistry, working for the Saudi Military at the hospital grounds teaching the children of the hospital staff!

Very excited to go will be moving in about 3 - 4 weeks - we are currently in a packing frenzy!! LOL! Just waiting for his visa to be sorted - the school are dealing with the most part of that and then the flights will be booked and we will have our exact date!

Ellie
xxx
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:23 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Saudi - Khamis Masheet

Originally Posted by Ellie and Jason
Well we posted her a few months back when my husband was looking at jobs overseas - mainly ME - well in the end he was offered a few - 2 in Dubai, 1 in Abu Dhabi, 1 in Qatar, 1 in Kuwait and 1 in Saudi - well we decided to take the one in Saudi - the wage is good, contract good, package good and a pefect starting point for us to begin travelling as a family! It is in an area not far from Abha - Khamis Masheet - in the mountains, so one thing the climate will be a little more temperate than it would be anywhere else! He will be head of chemistry, working for the Saudi Military at the hospital grounds teaching the children of the hospital staff!

Very excited to go will be moving in about 3 - 4 weeks - we are currently in a packing frenzy!! LOL! Just waiting for his visa to be sorted - the school are dealing with the most part of that and then the flights will be booked and we will have our exact date!

Ellie
xxx
Head of Chemistry in Saudi eh?
Good luck, hope it all goes
well
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the rough

thanks hun - i think?? sounded almost cynical??? or am i reading to much into it? LOL!

xxx
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:54 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

thanks hun - i think?? sounded almost cynical??? or am i reading to much into it? LOL!

xxx
Aaaaaaaaw was meant to be funny not cynical.
Followed your search from early doors and glad you have something
concrete in terms of offer now.
Sincerely, all the best.
E.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

awww thats ok hun - i had remembered you from before but there were so many names (and a few cynical people!!!!??? ) i couldnt remeber quite who was who! lmao!!!!

we are very excited - and really glad to have something!!!! there was alot of people who thought this was just a pipe dream (family etc!) and glad to have proved to ourselves and them that this is the begining of a new adventure for us!!!! really cannot wait! the culture, the change, the weather, the food, the poeple, the way of life - everything - good and bad! will definatley be posting info on here when we arrive! (and have the internet!?)

Ellie
xxx
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:05 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

awww thats ok hun - i had remembered you from before but there were so many names (and a few cynical people!!!!??? ) i couldnt remeber quite who was who! lmao!!!!

we are very excited - and really glad to have something!!!! there was alot of people who thought this was just a pipe dream (family etc!) and glad to have proved to ourselves and them that this is the begining of a new adventure for us!!!! really cannot wait! the culture, the change, the weather, the food, the poeple, the way of life - everything - good and bad! will definatley be posting info on here when we arrive! (and have the internet!?)

Ellie
xxx
Look forward to reading all about it.
Good when people come back and detail their experiences- always a 'newbie' stepping up to the Odyssey and grateful for info from those who have gone before.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Ellie
xxx
Make sure the accomodation is sorted out BEFORE you go out there - there isn't much of it in Khamis Mushayt.............. good luck, you'll have a good time.

(PS - very quiet down there though........)
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys - yep the accomodation is sorted - in one of the compounds used by the hospital - we have a 3 bedroomed villa with garden and as for quiet - tbh i cant wait for some peace!!!! LOL! although i am sure my 2 little ones will soon change that! lmao!!!!

Ellie
xxx