Reload this Page >

Moving to Riyadh looking for flatmates

Moving to Riyadh looking for flatmates

Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Sean G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Riyadh looking for flatmates

Hello,

I’m moving to Riyadh this May and I’m looking to get shared accommodation with professional Expats (preferably in one the compounds).

I’m 29, Canadian, a former management consultant, easy going, very neat and quite.

Please PM if you’re looking for flat-mates.

Regards,

Sean
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:52 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Riyadh looking for flatmates

Originally Posted by Sean G
Hello,

I’m moving to Riyadh this May and I’m looking to get shared accommodation with professional Expats (preferably in one the compounds).

I’m 29, Canadian, a former management consultant, easy going, very neat and quite.

Please PM if you’re looking for flat-mates.

Regards,

Sean
are you on a compound or off compound?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by still.unsure
are you on a compound or off compound?
He says he is looking.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:05 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
He says he is looking.
sorry, yes, you're right, not quite with it this AM...
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

LOL !

Any takers ?

Alternatively, can anyone give me some advice on how much I should expect to pay for a one bedroom apartment in Expat or nice area of town in Riyadh...

BTW what are the more desirable/ good areas of town ?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

LOL !

Any takers ?

Alternatively, can anyone give me some advice on how much I should expect to pay for a one bedroom apartment in Expat or nice area of town in Riyadh...

Have you read The Deans write up about Riyadh?
You might want to do that ......
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:40 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

That's a long way to go to look for flatmates. Don't they have any near where you live?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Alexa - I've read the Dean's guide to life in Saudi (very interesting) - But not a whole lot of info on what I'm looking for (acconidation)....

Roadking - I'm currently in Dubai and will be moving to Saudi in the next two weeks and I know few people there.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:53 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I give up....

*throws hands in the air and stomps off into the setting sun muttering*
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:02 pm

LOL !

Any takers ?

if you're off compound, dq would be the best area, but it's a pretty objective thing. generalizing massively here, but riyadh seems to be broken up into quarters where different expats mix and live. for instance, there's a phillipino quarter, a south asian quarter which, in turn, is broken up into keralites, pakistani's, bangladeshi's etc. malaz has a number of single semi-service apartments that go for about SAR25k a year, but going off compound is more than just where and what size in riyadh. there really is no western expat social life outside of the compounds (with a few exceptions such as the hashes). would strongly recommend you look at the compounds with one beds and see if you can get on, if only just to break the ice.

also, do a search on "riyadh", i've posted a link to a real estate agent that works with expats in the malaz area who's a good guy and should be able to sort you out if you do go off compound. (can't find the link now)
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on these couple of sites it is free to advert your requirements.
http://riyadh.fundook.com/
http://www.ewaseet.com/