Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Riyadh, help!

Moving to Riyadh, help!

Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

ccjetpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Riyadh, help!

Hello all - I just picked up a situation working out of Riyadh (flying private aircraft) and am looking for advice on finding suitable flats/apt/villa somewhere within the city. The inet is suspect at best when doing searches for furnished flats. The gist of the employ is that the crew will be on deck approx 10/days month in KSA and on the road the rest of the time. We (the other pilot and I) are looking for a furnished 2 bedroom flat, apartment or villa that would be suitable for us and available on a month to month basis. I think a villa share arrangement would also work for us. I did a stint over in Bahrain a few years back and it seemed quite easy to find furnished flats. Here, not so much. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for things to do on off days, used to hash, keen to golf and tired of strolling the mall... All comments appreciated. Cheers.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Riyadh, help!

Hi,

It's not an area I'm too familia with - finding furnished flats on a month by month basis - hopefully someone else can come along soon and impart some more useful info. Most of the accommodation questions we get asked on this Board relate to compounds and the like, which you may be familiar with - tend ot lease out a year at a time, so not really the kind of commitment you want to get involved in.

There are furnished flats out there, but it's case of getting in a few contacts I think - will ask around and see. On the other hand, you could try:

http://www.expatriates.com/classifie...singavailable/

In terms of activities - there are a couple of golf courses. Arizona Compound has a 9 hole course and a driving range ( North side of Riyadh ) , Riyadh Greens is another and then there is Dirab Golf Course - a bit further to travel, but apparently worth it. Early tee off time essential.

There is a Riyadh Hash House, not sure of the url, but pretty confident they will have a facebook presence. As I'm not on FB, I can't search it.

Good luck.

Last edited by nottmbantam; Apr 15th 2011 at 6:08 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

There's villas/apartments advertised pretty regularly on justlanded.com - we were out and about last week looking at a few that had been advertised on there...however, they were all 12month leases so not sure how much luck you're going to have finding a month to month place.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

ccjetpilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice so far. I remember from Bahrain that there were loads of agents looking to put you into a place (and then garner a commission from the deal) and I have seen none of the like here. If anyone knows of any agents please advise as well.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

d3dsh is an unknown quantity at this point

ccjetpilot
it is so easy to find furnished flats because it is in everywhere,
شقق مفروشة shoqaq mafroshah
they do rent for what ever you like a day, week, or month
they charge usually for a day 150-300 SR
monthly something between 5000 - 9000 SR
if you want villa you might ask hotels i know Madareem Crown Hotel do have villa madareemcrown.com but i think it is not cheap and you might find it not within the city
riyadh and saudi in general (i am talking about the Saudis) rent flats/apt/villa for at lest 6 months, price depend on the location for example
Rabwa (exit 14 est riyadh) flat/apt 6 months 7000 - 12500 SR
almohamadiyah (exit 2 north riyadh) flat/apt 6 months 12500 - 25000 SR
and you have to talk to an agent or an office to contact with them we call them (مكتب عقار ) maktab a`gar , and you need to buy your Interior Furnisher
carpet, beds, tv... etc
the reason i gave all this because i want you to know about the precises so you can find what suite you
tell me if you need more info