Reload this Page >

Moving to Riyadh (HELP)

Moving to Riyadh (HELP)

Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Dulcie Mahoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Riyadh (HELP)

Can anyone give me some advice????

My husband starts his new job in Riyadh very soon we are just waiting for his visa which should be here in Dubai on Monday,i'll stay here until my visa is sorted out but the thing is i'm having problems sorting out/or getting on a compound all seem pretty full or with extremely long waiting list,can anyone give me some advice on this...oh and how long does the visa for wife's take??

Dulcie

P.s i'm a new girl to this forum so bear with me
Old Feb 13th 2010, 2:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Riyadh (HELP)

Originally Posted by Dulcie Mahoney

My husband starts his new job in Riyadh very soon we are just waiting for his visa which should be here in Dubai on Monday,i'll stay here until my visa is sorted out but the thing is i'm having problems sorting out/or getting on a compound all seem pretty full or with extremely long waiting list,can anyone give me some advice on this...oh and how long does the visa for wife's take??

Dulcie

You will look fetching in this....

go to the ME section of this site ... all the camel people are there

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116
Attached Thumbnails Moving to Riyadh (HELP)-overhead_abaya_blackha31front.jpg  
Old Feb 14th 2010, 2:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dulcie Mahoney

Dulcie

Hello and welcome to BE.

I'll move your post to our Middle East forum...hopefully someone there will be able to answer your question.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Getting into a compound is rather hard.
I see that some one has already posted the link to my list i made last year on compounds it gives you the names, telephone numbers etc of most of them not all, i may add but about 95% of them.

I would take a drive out and speak to the managers them selves, as if you have a wad of money in your hand things suddenly do change, even if that compound has a list which is miles long!! ok.

Secondly where is your husband working!! the reason why i ask is that transport / driving here is a nightmare, so maybe you may want to bear that also in mind a compound closer to your husbands place of work.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Dulcie Mahoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Riyadh (HELP)

Thank you for your advice regarding compounds,also getting onto the ME thread i shall do that,My husband has not yet started his job but will gladly pass on the info regarding the cash which sometimes works

Thanks again..