Moving to Oman

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

kirstylou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Oman

Hi

My family and I are moving to Oman in the next few months and would love some inside info!!!!!!

The children are on the waiting list for The British School and we are currently looking for a Villa.

Does Oman have any compounds, or some clubs to join?????

What do expats tend to do with their time??????

Any info would be great!!!

Thanx
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:27 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Moving to Oman

Originally Posted by kirstylou View Post
Hi

My family and I are moving to Oman in the next few months and would love some inside info!!!!!!

The children are on the waiting list for The British School and we are currently looking for a Villa.

Does Oman have any compounds, or some clubs to join?????

What do expats tend to do with their time??????

Any info would be great!!!

Thanx
What are the salaries and benefits are offered in Oman?

Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Just Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really niceJust Browsing is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Oman

There are a few clubs here but not many, you could join the Intercon "club" as there are quite a few families there at the weekends using the facilities. Compounds are not that popular and are few and far between - pretty much appartments or big villas.

Salary wise it very much depends, but money goes a lot further here than compared to say Dubai. From my own personal experience, western expats certainly get paid more than the vast majority of Omani's and sub continent expats. Living here is cheap except for housing which is quite high (relative to everything else), and booze!! You will hear a lot of people complain about inflation and prices have shot up but if you come here from a western country you will find the prices quite low to what your used to regardless of the recent price rises. Petrol is a bargain and is about 15p a litre!

PM me for any specific questions.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:44 am
Just Joined

kirstylou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your reply!

Thats a great help.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Laura_Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,