Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving LTD to Dubai

Moving LTD to Dubai

Old Apr 24th 2021, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Lewis45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving LTD to Dubai

I run an online software company and we have been growing significantly over the last 3 years. The main reason that I want to move the limited company to Dubai is because of tax (paid £400k last year), & the weather. Is there a visa that I can use to operate my business from Dubai? How would go about the business address, would I be able to register it in my residential address in Dubai?
Old Apr 24th 2021, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving LTD to Dubai

Originally Posted by Lewis45
I run an online software company and we have been growing significantly over the last 3 years. The main reason that I want to move the limited company to Dubai is because of tax (paid £400k last year), & the weather. Is there a visa that I can use to operate my business from Dubai? How would go about the business address, would I be able to register it in my residential address in Dubai?
Firstly, congratulations.

Secondly, at that scale you probably need to a "proper" visa and office in a freezone. I would look into the JLT free zone (know as DMCC), DSO,or World Trade Center. You can probably find an-all-in one provider that will do all this and rent you some shared office space (almost certainly going to be a requirement). Good luck with the bank account, that's the slow and difficult bit.

Personally, I would go to the WTC as the offices are nice. https://emirabiz.com/dubai-world-trade-center/

Last edited by Millhouse; Apr 24th 2021 at 6:08 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis45
Lewis, I think you need to work on the research possibly with a fact finding trip to Dubai in say August. After which I wish you the best of luck in relocating your business to the Caymans or Bermuda. Dubai might look good on paper from a personal tax point of vie but corporation tax is high and the climate is terrible.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
Lewis, I think you need to work on the research possibly with a fact finding trip to Dubai in say August. After which I wish you the best of luck in relocating your business to the Caymans or Bermuda. Dubai might look good on paper from a personal tax point of vie but corporation tax is high and the climate is terrible.
you’re right about the weather. Not so right about the tax... corporation tax is payable by oil companies only.

although moving to cayman and having just a staffing operation in Dubai is well advised from a longer term perspective, especially if you want to sell.
Old Apr 27th 2021, 7:51 pm
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

Singapore is another viable option. Pre-Covid it had great flight connections to India (assuming that for your industry you need the connections) and beyond, local staff quality is world class and setting up a business is easy. Taxes are low but not zero.

Weather-wise Singapore does not have 4-6 months of oven-like temperatures when most people flee to Europe. It's predicable all year round tropical weather.

Last edited by fth; Apr 27th 2021 at 7:55 pm.