Reload this Page >

Moving to Khalifa City

Moving to Khalifa City

Old Jun 27th 2009, 3:28 am
Just Joined

hardie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Khalifa City

Hi,

I have read all the old threads about Khalifa city, some of you are mad! I mean in a funny way, ha ha!
Is anyone still living there? I will be moving to KC B as soon as my apartment is finished, and will be working in KC A. I had a quick look last week, there doesn't seem to be anything around there, except the petrol stations and lots of schools. Can anyone tell me if there are plans for malls and leisure facilities?
Don't fancy driving into AD, easier to drive to Dubai!
Any mums and babies groups, coffee mornings, etc? Which are the best schools?
Any info would be much appreciated?!
Thanks in advance x
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Khalifa City

nope no facilities, big plans, but none built. schools yes: CIS, RIS, Yas, HD, LS, TD, Adnoc petrol station, Chouefiat. There is a coffee morning out there, but you would need to attend AD Mums for mums groups, they have one out at mangrove i think (which is towards the city). the only thing that is going to be finished this year, will be the post office!
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:17 am
Just Joined

hardie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that,

Just looked at the Khalifa living website, some helpful info on there. Do you know anyone with kids at CIS?
Old Jun 27th 2009, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

knew a ta working there, and i know of kids there, its fine.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

Hi,

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but I think my comments are relative to the subject

I've been told that in 'Abu Dhabi Week' that they're advertising 1 Bed and Studio apartments. They look like they could be quite a good "base" with an easy commute to Abu Dhabi.

I've done a search on Google Earth, but it's not yet labelled on there, however - from doing some research someone has pinpointed Khalifa City A in between Abu Dhabi Airport and cetnral Abu Dhabi - is that about correct?

I've been informed that a commute to most parts of Abu Dhabi will be between 20 mins and 30 mins depending on traffic?

Cheers!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amnesia180
Hi,

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but I think my comments are relative to the subject

I've been told that in 'Abu Dhabi Week' that they're advertising 1 Bed and Studio apartments. They look like they could be quite a good "base" with an easy commute to Abu Dhabi.

I've done a search on Google Earth, but it's not yet labelled on there, however - from doing some research someone has pinpointed Khalifa City A in between Abu Dhabi Airport and cetnral Abu Dhabi - is that about correct?

I've been informed that a commute to most parts of Abu Dhabi will be between 20 mins and 30 mins depending on traffic?

Cheers!
i bed and studios are usually parts of villa's butchered into multiple dwellinghoods, some are ok, some are not...some are illegal, some are not
Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

Originally Posted by commander
i bed and studios are usually parts of villa's butchered into multiple dwellinghoods, some are ok, some are not...some are illegal, some are not
Thanks for the info! We've requested extra info on the apartments as the first step. If we like the look of them, we'll arrange a viewing to tell for sure.

How can we tell if they're illegal?

Thanks!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amnesia180
Thanks for the info! We've requested extra info on the apartments as the first step. If we like the look of them, we'll arrange a viewing to tell for sure.

How can we tell if they're illegal?

Thanks!
i think you need a landlords certificate or something that is approved by the municipality..

BB2 will know..
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commander
i think you need a landlords certificate or something that is approved by the municipality..

BB2 will know..
yep kca is made up of big villas, the greedy lls have decided to split them up, so some will be better ie some will have a bedroom which is the hall under the stairs, some will have no kitchen, some will have no windows, or half a window etc. but in order for the lls to do this they have to have permission from the municpality and have the correct permits. also another way of guessing that things may not be what they seem is if you have water/elec included. local lls do not pay for water, and are charged half what expats pay for electricity, so sometimes in split villas they include in the rent, so again you should go for something that is wholly in your name, and has your own elect meter etc. check them out, ask them if its legal and ask to see the correct paperwork.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
yep kca is made up of big villas, the greedy lls have decided to split them up, so some will be better ie some will have a bedroom which is the hall under the stairs, some will have no kitchen, some will have no windows, or half a window etc. but in order for the lls to do this they have to have permission from the municpality and have the correct permits. also another way of guessing that things may not be what they seem is if you have water/elec included. local lls do not pay for water, and are charged half what expats pay for electricity, so sometimes in split villas they include in the rent, so again you should go for something that is wholly in your name, and has your own elect meter etc. check them out, ask them if its legal and ask to see the correct paperwork.
Hi BB2,

Thank you for your reply. I'll remember to keep this information in mind!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

local lls do not pay for water, and are charged half what expats pay for electricity,

...Of interest when I switched to paying myself rather than govt provided last year in AD, I asked the question in the AD power and water office of the local gentleman behind the desk' and found that as an expat I (we) pay 10 times the amount per unit - now there's a stealth tax!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:19 am
Just Joined

skhome is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 3-bedroom townhouse for rent in Raha Gardens. The back garden overlooks the park with rear access. There are landscaped areas at the front. It is immediately available for rent and there are no agent fees to pay. The rent is Dhs 220,000 pa. If interested, please call me on 0097150 8123304.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

abu dhbai mums have a branch in kca now
the golf club has country club membership for pool etc
cis is a nice school,small,nd very family oriantated(my daughter worked there , but has returmed to ukto study)
some of the flats etc advertised are actually flats (not convertions)here now
there are shops etc ,raha mall not too far ///but easier to go to IBN mall on edge of dubai ,than go in to city