Reload this Page >

Moving to KAUST, Jeddah, KSA

Moving to KAUST, Jeddah, KSA

Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Ric010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to KAUST, Jeddah, KSA

Hi there,

I've recently been offered a contract at the new university KAUST near Jeddah.

I accepted it and am now going through the Visa process.

The university has stated they will deal with the visa, yet gave me a list of visa agencies to contact.

So I contacted the agencies and told them that I only require a medical, yet the visa agencies have explained - unsurprisingly - that they only do visas with medicals, not seperate.

My GP has stated that he can't do the medical and BUPA can't do it privately without KAUST organising it.

I was wondering if anyone can help clear up what's actually involved in the visa process and medical?

Also can anyone explain the taxing system in regards to the UK?

I am aware that you pay no tax in KSA, however I have been told that you are only exempt from tax in the UK if you have been absent for an entire tax year. i.e. april to april.

So if I start in August and say I don't like it, then return home, I take it then I'd need to pay tax on whatever I earned.

Also is this the case for every tax year you are out there.

Like would I need to pay tax if I cam home during the next tax year, after I'd been out there for more than one tax year?

Cheers,
Ric

Last edited by Ric010; Jul 5th 2010 at 7:30 pm. Reason: mistake
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Fugative is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to KAUST, Jeddah, KSA

Hi

Visa you can sort yourself only problem is photo upload for enjazit( look up on here )

Medical I was advised the doctor can do it with correct form from embassy but it must be certified in special place think its Milton Keynes, again you can find it on web.

If you pay for visa and medical from agency about 350 quid, your company will reimburse that. Agency is easier. This guy is helpful recommended from here.

[email protected]

Tax year starts april to April - so if you leave uk after that is not counted as a full year. you need 3 years out to qualify i.e if you leave in May youll have to do 3years from April following year.

You are allowed uoto 90 days in 1 year tax year.

Im not export but hope its a start & do searches on here.

regards
Fugative
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

westpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been trying to apply for an English teaching position at KAUST or in Jeddah, can you please pm? Which recruiter did you go through, I understand they need many teachers.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Abbots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by westpat
I have been trying to apply for an English teaching position at KAUST or in Jeddah, can you please pm? Which recruiter did you go through, I understand they need many teachers.
I work at KAUST, not a teacher, yes they are looking for teachers, have you tried applying to kaustschools.org?
Use osman for the medical I used him, knows what he is doing