Moving to Jeddah

Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

ScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really nice
Smile Moving to Jeddah

Hi,

My name is Lee, I am single and from Scotland.

I move to Jeddah on Monday 30/01. I am really just looking to make some friends, and get some general advice and chat.

Thanks

Lee
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Jeddah

Just a tip, mate. We generally refer to Saudi Arabia as KSA or the Magic Kingdom. Your location says SA, which could mean South Africa or even South Australia. Anyway, good luck with your move. Jeddah is not the worst place in the KSA to be living in right now.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:07 am
Account Closed

tayls123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeddah is decent living. very upmarket. everything from a planet hollywood to a la senza. crucial to stay in the right part of town though, because like everywhere it has a shitty part. traffic is a nightmare but you will get used to it. avoid local restaurants and anything that looks slightly dodgy. other than that, good luck and enjoy!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the Jeddah section of the magic kingdom. I along with wife moved out here in August, no regrets so not to bad. So why you coming, and where are you staying? lots of exp and advice on here so ask away and be sure to listen to 'the board' they talk sense (well some do...) Enjoy.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

ScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really niceScottishLee is just really nice

Originally Posted by 1967tazz
Hi Lee,

Welcome to the Jeddah section of the magic kingdom. I along with wife moved out here in August, no regrets so not to bad. So why you coming, and where are you staying? lots of exp and advice on here so ask away and be sure to listen to 'the board' they talk sense (well some do...) Enjoy.
Hi,

I am going to be staying in the Sharbatly Village compound.

Im moving due to a new job with a company called Arabian Auto Agency.

The compound is currently full, i am on waiting list. So as it stands i am hotel bound for a bit. I stayed in Radisson Blu when i was over in December, so likely i will be going in there.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lee,

Done, Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2012, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ScottishLee
Hi,

I am going to be staying in the Sharbatly Village compound.

Im moving due to a new job with a company called Arabian Auto Agency.

The compound is currently full, i am on waiting list. So as it stands i am hotel bound for a bit. I stayed in Radisson Blu when i was over in December, so likely i will be going in there.

Good choice.... that's were we are Seen a few of the others in Jeddah and others will disagree but we have never come home and wished to move... We were told there were 900+ in front of us on the list.... that was November, we hassled and got our employers to do the same... we move next month, (we are currently in a small unit - so staying on Sharbatly just to a larger unit) Alexa, is the name of the lady to ask for she is very helpful. They 'need' more 'Westerners' she says, so worth keep checking back. Nice Hotel however....
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point

You can always come along to the HASH which is on a Thursday afternoon if you want to meet a few people.

PM me for details.

Jason
Old Jan 30th 2012, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Good choice.... that's were we are Seen a few of the others in Jeddah and others will disagree but we have never come home and wished to move... We were told there were 900+ in front of us on the list.... that was November, we hassled and got our employers to do the same... we move next month, (we are currently in a small unit - so staying on Sharbatly just to a larger unit) Alexa, is the name of the lady to ask for she is very helpful. They 'need' more 'Westerners' she says, so worth keep checking back. Nice Hotel however....

Hi,

Do you have contact details for Alexa, the email i had for Sharbatly keeps bouncing back.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ScottishLee
Hi,

Do you have contact details for Alexa, the email i had for Sharbatly keeps bouncing back.
I have pvt messaged you her details. hope it helps.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:02 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Ive been offered a new role in Jeddah - I need to know if my wife would be able to work.

Can anyone advise please.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by abbey08
Ive been offered a new role in Jeddah - I need to know if my wife would be able to work.

Can anyone advise please.
Hi, yes she will be able to work, obviously the availability of the work would depend on what she does for work.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:31 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Executive Assistant - secretarial
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by abbey08
Executive Assistant - secretarial
I work in schools, and the vast majority of the administration staff are western. In my school (in Jeddah) the heads sec, business manager and school admin are all British...
Old Feb 5th 2012, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

fyounus is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in schools, and the vast majority of the administration staff are western. In my school (in Jeddah) the heads sec, business manager and school admin are all British...
Hi 1967Tazz
Can you please confirm which school do you work in?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.