Reload this Page >

Moving to Fujairah

Moving to Fujairah

Old Feb 14th 2016, 7:18 am
Just Joined

expat1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Fujairah

Hi all,

I have been living in the Middle East for around 10 years. 5 years in Dubai, and the last 5 in Saudi but living in Bahrain. I have been offered a position in Fujairah, and was looking for any advice on life as an expat in the area? I have visited there once nearly 9 years ago, and only to a Hotel for the weekend.

What are the rates and standard of accommodation? Are there compounds? I would be looking for a 3br villa with garden is possible.

Are there many British expats there, or is it just the weekend crowd from Dubai?

Any advice on any aspect of living in the area would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 15th 2016, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Fujairah

Hi,

I live in Dubai but am in Fujariah once or twice a week to visit one of my sites.

It all depends on what you like. Fujariah will be relatively quiet in comparison with Dubai and AD but that might not be a bad thing. There are bars and there are expats, although not that many. Mostly it'll folk working at the oil refinery or on local construction projects.

Rent is cheap. You can get a one bed serviced hotel apartment in somewhere like the Rotana on a long term rental for 4500 a month. I don't know how much a villa would be but I would estimate it to be pretty cheap, say 75K.

All in all, its not going to be some chilled out expat lazy beach bar scene. It'll will be a nice laid back experience just probably a bit dull. A make your own entertainment kinda place. However, with the relatively new Dubai - Fujariah road should you want some fun you can be in Dubai in just over an hour.