Moving on Friday

Old Oct 3rd 2012, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving on Friday

Bit late on this.. if you take vitamins/supplements, I'd load up at one of the supermarkets/holland and barrett, before you come over.

Popped into Marina Pharmacy and for a (large) bottle of Omega 3 capsules - I was quoted about 320 AED (about 50 quid). The smaller bottle (I have no idea how many caps), was about 240 AED.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedRoar75
Bit late on this.. if you take vitamins/supplements, I'd load up at one of the supermarkets/holland and barrett, before you come over.
Popped into Marina Pharmacy and for a (large) bottle of Omega 3 capsules - I was quoted about 320 AED (about 50 quid). The smaller bottle (I have no idea how many caps), was about 240 AED.
Ahem...see below VVVV

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I would also pack a couple of jackets, it gets very chilly at nights from Dec onwards.
Also if you take any vitamin supplements bring them with you, they are very expensive here e.g. glucosamine and chondroitin tablets are 350dhs here, 60dhs in the UK.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Ahem...see below VVVV
Ahh... apologies, I skimmed.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:25 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
As for none drug things, if you use hair product, bring it with you. For example, I use VO5 Styling Putty. You can not find it over here. (**** off Commander before you start with the pussy/gay jokes )

I got myself a two pound jar of best Lebanese gel.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 7:31 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

See, this is the kind of conversation Dubai expats have. Coming to Dubai? Bring hair gel, sonic toothbrush extensions, omega pills, cream to make your backside soft and shiny, etc.

You won't have this sissy talk in KSA. Here we drive Suburbans with bull horns on the bonnet and live on the edge.
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
See, this is the kind of conversation Dubai expats have. Coming to Dubai? Bring hair gel, sonic toothbrush extensions, omega pills, cream to make your backside soft and shiny, etc.

You won't have this sissy talk in KSA. Here we drive Suburbans with bull horns on the bonnet and live on the edge.
And have to drink Sidiqui of not always encouraging provenance...
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner

I got myself a two pound jar of best Lebanese gel.
That's about a week's worth for your average Leb
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
That's about a week's worth for your average Leb
A weeks worth? More like an evenings worth!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

well I made it!

Not got internet at the apartment yet so haven't been able to get online until today!

Arrived Friday night and got ridiculously drunk which wasn't the best idea as I was really busy on the Saturday. Went to the MoE and got some things from the apartment from Carrefour but still have a lot to get. Dubizzle is proving pretty handy for that. Yesterday I took a trip to dragonmart to get some things for the project such as tools and to fit out the office but I won't be rushing back there in a hurry!!!

Just need to sort out a hire car and internet at home and then I'm nearly there
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
well I made it!

Not got internet at the apartment yet so haven't been able to get online until today!

Arrived Friday night and got ridiculously drunk which wasn't the best idea as I was really busy on the Saturday. Went to the MoE and got some things from the apartment from Carrefour but still have a lot to get. Dubizzle is proving pretty handy for that. Yesterday I took a trip to dragonmart to get some things for the project such as tools and to fit out the office but I won't be rushing back there in a hurry!!!

You'll struggle on things like the internet until you're visa'd up I think mate.

Where'd you get drunk on Friday?

Dragonmart is ****ing epic. I bought a FIFA world cup replica in there. Proudly sits next to my TV.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:21 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You'll struggle on things like the internet until you're visa'd up I think mate.

Dragonmart is ****ing epic. I bought a FIFA world cup replica in there. Proudly sits next to my TV.
I'll second the point about Dragonmart. But you do need a full day as it has so many nooks and crannies.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp

Yeah, I get internet in the site office so it's not to bad. My Visa is being sorted out at the moment so I am passport less

Erm, good question. Started off at the Byblos Hotel and then went to a cocktail place not that from Tecom the drinks were called Tika Pukka Pukkas or something. And then ended up in Rockbottom!! Which was an experience!!

Dragonmart wasn't bad it more to do with having 3 hours sleep and been working for 13 hours!!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:24 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

well I made it!

With your car, you'll be able to hire one on your UK licence until your visa comes through. The day it comes through, you have to apply for a UAE one. I wouldn't drive on your UK one as I don't know the legal side, but I do know your hire car insurance will be invalid.

EDIT: Before I forget, the nearest place to go through the process is the RTA office on the other side of the junction from MoE (it's on the same side as MoE though). I think you apply online or at least print the forms off there... I can't remember if I'm being honest.

As for t'internet, Scamp is right. That said, you're in a hotel apartment right? So you should be able to buy week passes (they'll be expensive though).

You'll need a tenancy agreement to get internet installed, and without a visa you can't get a tenancy agreement.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

or you could just live on wifi as you see a lot of people doing at Starbucks/Costa/Nero etc
Old Oct 8th 2012, 5:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yeah, I get internet in the site office so it's not to bad. My Visa is being sorted out at the moment so I am passport less

Erm, good question. Started off at the Byblos Hotel and then went to a cocktail place not that from Tecom the drinks were called Tika Pukka Pukkas or something. And then ended up in Rockbottom!! Which was an experience!!

Dragonmart wasn't bad it more to do with having 3 hours sleep and been working for 13 hours!!
****. Byblos, then you went to Trader Vics (TPP's are mega), then Rocky B's. As far as first day sessions go that was a decent one. Well played mate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.