Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

moving to Egypt.. what to expect?

moving to Egypt.. what to expect?

Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:41 am
Just Joined

EgyptHeart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Egypt.. what to expect?

Hi all :O )

Im thinking to move to Alexandria, Egypt very soon. Does anyone have any advice or can you tell me what to expect?
I am 22 and though i have many egyptian friends, I have been in the States all of my life. My friends all seem to be telling me the same thing! LOL
I know their heart is with my feelings which may cloud some of the truth, so I am looking for all the feedback and suggestions i can get from anyone else who has the experience.
I may stick out like a sore thumb in Egypt with my light features and eyes LOL... so i would like to be as prepared as possible to know what to expect.
Thank you in advance.

With warm regards and peace,
Egypt Heart
Old Apr 14th 2004, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

TammyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Egypt.. what to expect?

Hi Egypt heart

I cant give you any good advise, I can tell you this you will stand out & get plenty of looks expect it!!!My husband is in Alex, I have been there twice, and when your on the streets expect to turn some heads, and believe me some of the looks are not very nice! Don't get me wrong some of the people are very nice sweet amazing people. but others dont share the same opinion, I guess that its like that were ever you go, My husband told me when a man is looking at you dont look back at him, because when you look at other man when he starring at you this other man thinks you want him, and that maybe your husband isnt man enough for you & that is why your looking at him.
Good luck in Alex its a different life style than the USA but if you are willing to make the sacrafices then best of wishes to you.

Have you ever been to Egypt for a visit??

Best wishes
Tammy

Originally posted by EgyptHeart
Hi all :O )

Im thinking to move to Alexandria, Egypt very soon. Does anyone have any advice or can you tell me what to expect?
I am 22 and though i have many egyptian friends, I have been in the States all of my life. My friends all seem to be telling me the same thing! LOL
I know their heart is with my feelings which may cloud some of the truth, so I am looking for all the feedback and suggestions i can get from anyone else who has the experience.
I may stick out like a sore thumb in Egypt with my light features and eyes LOL... so i would like to be as prepared as possible to know what to expect.
Thank you in advance.

With warm regards and peace,
Egypt Heart