Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Dubai Sept - Any Advice???

Moving to Dubai Sept - Any Advice???

Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai Sept - Any Advice???

Originally Posted by NotaB26
I'd be interested in knowing how hard it would be for a newcomer to get into working in real estate... i don't have that much experience, but.. i'm hoping with my languages and skills, someone will be interested in training me!!!! and if anyone knows someone who's looking for a good looking RE assistant, or trainee...
I'm afraid I don't know much about jobs in real estate. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll be fine
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
I'm afraid I don't know much about jobs in real estate. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll be fine
the biggest problem I see here is that you won't know the areas of Dubai and trust me there are tons of them, so in that case you won't be able to advice potential clients of benefits of renting/leasing in a particular area. It won't take you long to pick it all up. I have been here ten years and still get lost and hear of new developments that I have no idea where they are. It may take time but you will get there
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:11 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NotaB26
I'd be interested in knowing how hard it would be for a newcomer to get into working in real estate... i don't have that much experience, but.. i'm hoping with my languages and skills, someone will be interested in training me!!!! and if anyone knows someone who's looking for a good looking RE assistant, or trainee...
Believe me.. you need no skills..
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
Believe me.. you need no skills..
true I forgot about you
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:14 am
Just Joined

NotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really niceNotaB26 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the biggest problem I see here is that you won't know the areas of Dubai and trust me there are tons of them, so in that case you won't be able to advice potential clients of benefits of renting/leasing in a particular area. It won't take you long to pick it all up. I have been here ten years and still get lost and hear of new developments that I have no idea where they are. It may take time but you will get there
well, i'm not planning on being a hot shot agent/broker my first months there but i'm trying to apply for assistant jobs until i'm able to do it alone... we'll see how well that works!!!!