Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Dubai, schools and swimming club info

Moving to Dubai, schools and swimming club info

Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:01 am
Just Joined

MaryIM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai, schools and swimming club info

We are moving to Dubai from Australia this year. I have 14 year old twins who are keen swimmers. They swim 7-8 sessions a week.
Does anyone have information on swim clubs - I found The Jumeriah English school on the web and that there is a swim club at the school.

Anyone have info on the school or any other tips for moving to Dubai
Many thanks
Mary
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai, schools and swimming club info

Originally Posted by MaryIM
We are moving to Dubai from Australia this year. I have 14 year old twins who are keen swimmers. They swim 7-8 sessions a week.
Does anyone have information on swim clubs - I found The Jumeriah English school on the web and that there is a swim club at the school.

Many thanks
Mary
hi mary...have you already got school places secured for your children...? if not, you will need to sort this out, because there are huge waiting lists for most schools. Where they go to school will depend largely on where you are living...

There are loads of swimming activities...check out this website for more info... http://www.dubaikidz.biz/

MM, xx
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hi mary...have you already got school places secured for your children...? if not, you will need to sort this out, because there are huge waiting lists for most schools. Where they go to school will depend largely on where you are living...

There are loads of swimming activities...check out this website for more info... http://www.dubaikidz.biz/

MM, xx
Hi MM
Thanks for your reply, I have heard about waiting lists , it is a bit of a worry. They will be starting year 9 so it would be good to really settle them in a good school. It would be a nightmare for them if they have to change schools again.

I have e-mailed JESS and have info packages for Raffles School.

We will try to live near their school, and as they swim a lot , near to the swim school.

I don't know if we will manage that but that is the ideal.

Thanks again for your help

Mary
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:28 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
Mary
My boy does swimming lessons every monday after school but he's 6 - am not sure if they cater to 14 year olds as it's more teaching them to swim rather than honing their skills - I will ask though!

N.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Norm
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Norm
there are swimming classes at the Lakes Club as well, e mail Louise [email protected], they run all sorts of classes.