moving to Dubai

Old Feb 12th 2016, 10:34 am
Just Joined

dubaibound91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to Dubai

Hi there,

Myself, partner and son our looking to move out to Dubai. My partner is a qualified teacher and have been looking for teaching jobs with packages that include the whole family. I also want to get a job over there but I haven't got any qualifications would I be able to get a job out there still? If so what kind of jobs could I do out there?
Also my partner wants to know more about Dubai i.e is it better living out in Dubai than the UK? Whats it like if you have a family? Pros and Cons etc if anyone can help us out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Dubai

Are you married?

If you can tell me how long is a piece of string I'll answer the rest of our questions.

Originally Posted by dubaibound91
Hi there,

Myself, partner and son our looking to move out to Dubai. My partner is a qualified teacher and have been looking for teaching jobs with packages that include the whole family. I also want to get a job over there but I haven't got any qualifications would I be able to get a job out there still? If so what kind of jobs could I do out there?
Also my partner wants to know more about Dubai i.e is it better living out in Dubai than the UK? Whats it like if you have a family? Pros and Cons etc if anyone can help us out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2016, 11:48 am
Just Joined

We are not married yet but will be before we go as we know you have to be married before living together.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Default job websites and Job agencies

Hi

I'm trying to find a job in dubai before I move out there but I am struggling. Does anyone know of any websites or agencies/recruitment agencies? This would help me out alot.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Well, what do you do? What is your background? It makes a huge difference.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Sorry. Iv always done warehouse work. Iv got about 7 years experience doing that. But I'm more than happy doing something else as would be nice to move away from warehouse.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

While I won't say it's impossible I will say you will struggle to find work in Dubai.

You don't have real experience or qualifications and the unskilled or low level positions all go to non-western expats because they make very little. Most of those employers won't hire western expats even if you were willing to work for 4-5K a month (assuming you find some kind of role you can do that even pays that much) because they know western expats expect certain kinds of employment standards, the 40 hours a week, weekends off, benefits and so forth, child-is-sick-ok-you-can-work-from-home-today and treating everyone like decent human beings, and why deal with that when you can hire someone from South Asia or the Philippines who'll happily work 60 hours a week including weekends and put up with the slave mentality demanded by their employers to make just 4K a month.

Possibly a nursery assistant or something like that might be feasible but if I were you I'd get onto a nursery course and get some type of certification before moving out here. You won't make much but it'll bring small change to help out with the bills, assuming your future husband finds a teaching position.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Possibly a nursery assistant or something like that might be feasible but if I were you I'd get onto a nursery course and get some type of certification before moving out here. You won't make much but it'll bring small change to help out with the bills, assuming your future husband finds a teaching position.
I think you have the genders the wrong way around. I doubt anyone would want a male nursery assistant.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

jamesb1502 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My wife and are considering the same, we have 2 boys, wife will soon be a qualified primary school teacher, I'm a police officer, have been a temporary Sergeant, traffic officer and general investigator. Would my employment credentials get me a job? I did see an assistant loss prevention manager for a large chain of hotels that required police experience. Any advice would be great.

Also advice on areas to live and costs would be great please.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:09 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesb1502
Hi,

My wife and are considering the same, we have 2 boys, wife will soon be a qualified primary school teacher, I'm a police officer, have been a temporary Sergeant, traffic officer and general investigator. Would my employment credentials get me a job? I did see an assistant loss prevention manager for a large chain of hotels that required police experience. Any advice would be great.

Also advice on areas to live and costs would be great please.
First question would be why Dubai? Why not Spain, France, Italy...?
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:56 am
Just Joined

I've been to Dubai, loved it. The Middle East fascinates me. From reading the posts about the place it isn't cheap, so thought I'd get some advice. We would only do it if it was financially viable. I wouldn't be prepared to struggle like the other chap. Want it to be a great experience for my family.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I've been to Dubai, loved it. The Middle East fascinates me. From reading the posts about the place it isn't cheap, so thought I'd get some advice. We would only do it if it was financially viable. I wouldn't be prepared to struggle like the other chap. Want it to be a great experience for my family.
You'd need a second income given your family configuration. I don't really know what employment there is here for an ex-rozzer, but security is a big business so I doubt it would be impossible.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Still a current rozzer but would take a career break. Fancy a change from Blighty. What would you suggest would be an reasonable income for a family of 4 with two young school aged kids. Obviously I would like as higher standard of living as possible, but need to realistic, we want to be able to enjoy ourselves out there as if we can't afford to do it there would be no point going.

Where are the best sites to do job research?
Old Feb 28th 2016, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Still a current rozzer but would take a career break. Fancy a change from Blighty. What would you suggest would be an reasonable income for a family of 4 with two young school aged kids. Obviously I would like as higher standard of living as possible, but need to realistic, we want to be able to enjoy ourselves out there as if we can't afford to do it there would be no point going.

Where are the best sites to do job research?
Would you not be better off in Oz or NZ , especially with your current skills and training plus with a family ?

You're in a very specified field of work that's for sure , that's not to say that they are not opportunities but finding them that pay what you're looking for is the key to what you want.

Remember people come here first and foremost to work , it's what it's all about for the majority , enjoying yourself is great if you get the time and also have the cash to finance it .
Old Feb 28th 2016, 8:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Um.

NZ would be very difficult. No shortage of plods or teachers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.