Moving to Dubai

Old May 30th 2013, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Rec101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Moving to Dubai

Hi,

I have recently received a job offer to relocate to Dubai which im so pleased about. My only concern is its a lot quicker than i imagined. Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to have a few thousand just sat in my bank account so was wondering (realistically) how much money everyone would suggest me saving and taking over with me?

flights over and accommodation for the first month has been agreed so this is not an expense.

Any suggestions or even just letting me know how much you took with you (without wanting to be intrusive!!) and if you'd change it?

Thankkkkssss
Old May 30th 2013, 8:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by Rec101
Hi,

I have recently received a job offer to relocate to Dubai which im so pleased about. My only concern is its a lot quicker than i imagined. Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to have a few thousand just sat in my bank account so was wondering (realistically) how much money everyone would suggest me saving and taking over with me?

flights over and accommodation for the first month has been agreed so this is not an expense.

Any suggestions or even just letting me know how much you took with you (without wanting to be intrusive!!) and if you'd change it?

Thankkkkssss
What do you do?

What will you be earning - you might be able to cover accomm etc out your salary quite easily, if sensible.

I brought only about 3k sterling with me, but had accomm provided for 6 months (through a bit of luck).
Old May 30th 2013, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Im a recruitment consultant - will be earning 28K (plus commission).

I was thinking around £2000 - £3000.. I plan to be over there for a while so don't want to go over and realise ive not got enough money to survive (for the meantime) and have to move back!
Old May 30th 2013, 9:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Im a recruitment consultant - will be earning 28K (plus commission).

I was thinking around £2000 - £3000.. I plan to be over there for a while so don't want to go over and realise ive not got enough money to survive (for the meantime) and have to move back!
Interesting. Who you coming to work for?

28k AED or GBP?
Old May 30th 2013, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting. Who you coming to work for?

28k AED or GBP?
He sounds just like you when you started on your journey eh !
Old May 30th 2013, 9:06 am
Just Joined

"He's" a she ha!!

How long have you been over there for now? Any regrets?
Old May 30th 2013, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
He sounds just like you when you started on your journey eh !
Pretty much, although I got a lot more stick

"He's" a she ha!!

How long have you been over there for now? Any regrets?
Lordy, two and a bit years now. That's mental.

No regrets. Did it at the right time (I was 23 when I moved), have had an amazing few years, some great holidays, experienced things I'd never have imagined experiencing.

Also, this month I got my best every pay-cheque, which is what it's all about. It was more than my first ever annual salary. Regret that? Never.

Just a concern - 28k AED monthly? or 28,000 GBP annually?
Old May 30th 2013, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Oh my god!! What is you do?

I'm 22 so feel its a good age to go.

28K GBP annually.

What area do you live?
Old May 30th 2013, 9:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

28K GBP annually.

What area do you live?
when you get here drop me a line I have a nice young gentlemen staying with me who has only been here month and is looking to make new friends etc. Welcome to BE
Old May 30th 2013, 9:26 am
Account Closed

28K GBP annually.

What area do you live?
Recruitment.

Are you working for a big firm or a small one? PM me and I might be able to tell you what they are like...

I live in Business Bay. It was cheap when I got my place, in fact, I'm practically stealing by living there for 65k. Where is the office you'll be in?
Old May 30th 2013, 10:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
when you get here drop me a line I have a nice young gentlemen staying with me who has only been here month and is looking to make new friends etc. Welcome to BE
The above post is brought to you via the Blue Cat Dating Agency.
Old May 30th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

I'm also doing a bit of research into property before moving - When the ad says 65K AED/yr (for example) am i right in thinking that they would accept posted dated cheques?
Old May 30th 2013, 11:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Meow
I reckon the novelty of having "The Bairn" there is beginning to wear off and she wants him out asap...
Old May 30th 2013, 11:17 am
Account Closed

I'm also doing a bit of research into property before moving - When the ad says 65K AED/yr (for example) am i right in thinking that they would accept posted dated cheques?
If you're looking on Dubizzle, it generally stipulates how many cheques...annually being 1 cheque, etc.

Where is your office and where do you want to live?
Old May 30th 2013, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I might expand the gallery

Originally Posted by Kix
I reckon the novelty of having "The Bairn" there is beginning to wear off and she wants him out asap...
the bairn ain't going anywhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.