Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

!!Moving to Dubai!!

!!Moving to Dubai!!

Old May 22nd 2008, 12:38 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: !!Moving to Dubai!!

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Discovery Gardens is nice enough, huge apt blocks BUT you are a bit out of the way, you have to go past the Jebel Ali Industrail park to get in & out of main dubai which by the way is enormous, with regards to cohabiting my girlfriend & I do it but the main difference is that i own my villa where as your's i assume is owned by a company, whatever happens life is defo better here than in UK but your arriving in August !!!!! VERY HOT thats when most expats that live in Dubai go home so be prepared for some serious heat

No they don't.

That may have been the case many years ago, but not now.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
No they don't.

well maybe not most, but many. Some, anyway -and not just European expats, many Indian families too for example head home away from the heat (and into the rain)
Old May 22nd 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

No they don't.

Ok maybe thats just me
Old May 22nd 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Best way to escape the heat and sun is to go to Salalah. Anyone that has been during the summer will know what i mean.
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

QTtalkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cook1981
Hi all

This is my first post on here, and im very excited that my boyfriend has been offered a job in a school in Dubai so we are moving in August. Cant wait.
We are flying out this weekend to have a look at the school and apartment block its called Discovery Gardens near the Ibn Battuta, anyone heard of it, or know whats its like there?

We are staying in a hotel called The Royal Ascot in the City, does anyone know what this is like as well??

Any help is much appreciated
Claire
Hey Claire!
Congratz on the move - im moving across too! Teaching in Scotland at the moment and just been offered a job at one of the Gems schools across there - wheres ur bf going to be working? Afraid i cant answer any of ur questions as iv not been yet but looking forward to it - Even tho i am a bit scared going by myself!!!
(My friend is also going to teach and will be living with her fiance - theyv been told its illegal but many do it and as long as u dont shout it from th rooftops u will be fine)
Hx
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

No they don't.

a hell of a lot of them still do. wives and kids anyway.
makes a big difference on the roads.
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:20 am
Banned

zuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nicezuzu143 is just really nice

Hi

I suppose its ok to 'break' the law - emigrating to another country and doing what one pleases is not a problem at all - in fact - its a God given right.

I suppose we should not complain, after all, with all the migration to the UK going on - it matters not that people moving to the UK for a 'better' life break the law - now does it?
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

I suppose its ok to 'break' the law - emigrating to another country and doing what one pleases is not a problem at all - in fact - its a God given right.

I suppose we should not complain, after all, with all the migration to the UK going on - it matters not that people moving to the UK for a 'better' life break the law - now does it?
Ouch.... High horse much??

I think it is general human living, where ever you are or live at some point in your life you the break the law at least once...... 31 mph in a 30... breaking the law... you just dont shout about it.....

No one has said it is okay to break the law, but it does happen, all over the world! Dont use this post to start mending the world, start a new post... Newbies need advice and that is what they are getting.

Nothing like a bit of self judging on a Friday!

Last edited by MrsHaps; May 23rd 2008 at 12:12 pm.
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:58 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zuzu143
Hi

I actually agree with your sentiment completely. Disrespecting a host is morally wrong. This reconciles with peoples attitudes if what they mean is:' I understand the risk and am prepared to take it'.
Old May 23rd 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Oooooh dear, hope that wasnt aimed at me!!!

Only tryin to pass on advice/info iv heard from other people - didnt mean to hit anyones nerves, sorry!!!
x
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QTtalkin
Hey Claire!
Congratz on the move - im moving across too! Teaching in Scotland at the moment and just been offered a job at one of the Gems schools across there - wheres ur bf going to be working? Afraid i cant answer any of ur questions as iv not been yet but looking forward to it - Even tho i am a bit scared going by myself!!!
(My friend is also going to teach and will be living with her fiance - theyv been told its illegal but many do it and as long as u dont shout it from th rooftops u will be fine)
Hx
I hope you're not teaching English.......
Old May 24th 2008, 4:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Old May 24th 2008, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
well maybe not most, but many. Some, anyway -and not just European expats, many Indian families too for example head home away from the heat (and into the rain)
You're right - we're off for the whole of August

If I could manage additional leave then I'd take July too!
Old May 24th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Border Reiver

Huh? I dont get it, lol?! But no, im teaching at a Gems school (Wellington i think) but whats wrong wi teachin english anyway?!
x
Old May 24th 2008, 3:12 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QTtalkin
Huh? I dont get it, lol?! But no, im teaching at a Gems school (Wellington i think) but whats wrong wi teachin english anyway?!
x
wi teachin - your not very good at it are you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.