Moving to Dubai

Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Fairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really nice
Smile Moving to Dubai

We are moving to Dubai the weekend after next, my husband our 17 year old son and myself .My husband has got a job in Dubai, I wont be working and our son will be going to college later on this year hopefully.The company has rented us a 2 bedroom villa on the springs 11 street 3. We have never been to Dubai so have only seen programes on tv about the various things such as the palms etc and through searches on the internet also guide books but I have been reading with interest the threads of people on this forum they have helped a lot, but have been to nervous to join in before. I have very mixed feelings about the move excited because it looks a wonderful place but very sad at leaving 3 of my children and 3 grandchildren behind my daughter and her partner who have 2 children Jade 13 and Joseph 3 months old, my eldest son and his partner and there son Ryan who is 7 and our middle son who is University in Bangor.Also all the rest of my family and friends.But my family has said I have to grab the experiance with both hands. But its very daunting the thought of moving to a new country. I just wondered if Its easy to make friends in Dubai.

Last edited by Fairyangel; Jan 31st 2008 at 11:29 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by Fairyangel
We are moving to Dubai the weekend after next, my husband our 17 year old son and myself .My husband has got a job in Dubai, I wont be working and our son will be going to college later on this year hopefully.The company has rented us a 2 bedroom villa on the springs 11 street 3. We have never been to Dubai so have only seen programes on tv about the various things such as the palms etc and through searches on the internet also guide books but I have been reading with interest the threads of people on this forum they have helped a lot, but have been to nervous to join in before. I have very mixed feelings about the move excited because it looks a wonderful place but very sad at leaving 3 of my children and 3 grandchildren behind my daughter and her partner who have 2 children Jade 13 and Joseph 3 months old, my eldest son and his partner and there son Ryan who is 7 and our middle son who is University in Bangor.Also all the rest of my family and friends.But my family has said I have to grab the experiance with both hands. But its very daunting the thought of moving to a new country. So I am not asking any questions as such just sharing some thoughts, I am only slightly mad.
good luck with the move!
most of us are completely barking so you'll fit in well
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving to Dubai the weekend after next, my husband our 17 year old son and myself .My husband has got a job in Dubai, I wont be working and our son will be going to college later on this year hopefully.The company has rented us a 2 bedroom villa on the springs 11 street 3. We have never been to Dubai so have only seen programes on tv about the various things such as the palms etc and through searches on the internet also guide books but I have been reading with interest the threads of people on this forum they have helped a lot, but have been to nervous to join in before. I have very mixed feelings about the move excited because it looks a wonderful place but very sad at leaving 3 of my children and 3 grandchildren behind my daughter and her partner who have 2 children Jade 13 and Joseph 3 months old, my eldest son and his partner and there son Ryan who is 7 and our middle son who is University in Bangor.Also all the rest of my family and friends.But my family has said I have to grab the experiance with both hands. But its very daunting the thought of moving to a new country. I just wondered if Its easy to make friends in Dubai.
hi fairyangel, sut ydych chi...

don't worry, i'm sure you will be fine...i have loved my 2 years in dubai, and have found it very easy to make friends...You'll find that you start to get sick of vistors after a while, to be honest, so keeping in touch with home never seems to be a problem, lol...

Your family are right, grab the experience, you've got nothing to lose and if it really isn't right for you, you can simply return home...

There's someone else from north wales due to move out soon...from wrexham I think, but I can't recall his name at the moment, i'm sure you'll find him on here though...

MM, xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Fairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really nice

I think its my husband who is already a member of this forum Andyb123. Thanks for your reply
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Fairyangel,

You will have an emotional roller coaster and the silly things may get to you, please take a deep breath and just let it pass, you will enjoy and I am sure you will make friends, please ask away any question on here, sometimes it's the silly things that you need answers to, we have all been through it.

Good Luck
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I think its my husband who is already a member of this forum Andyb123. Thanks for your reply
oh hahahahahaha...well guess you two will be hooking up then...

MM, xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for the great replys.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh hahahahahaha...well guess you two will be hooking up then...

MM, xx
See MM our 1st ME Wedding.....No Invite ???
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for the great replys.
Yeah I think so. We would have to renew our vows to invite you to our wedding cos we been married 21 years better luck next time.

Last edited by Fairyangel; Jan 31st 2008 at 11:48 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
See MM our 1st ME Wedding.....No Invite ???
i know...and after i got them together as well...disgraceful...

MM, xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MM, xx
That Fairyangel, she's a fast mover, that's for sure...
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
put the hat back in the box!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
put the hat back in the box!
oh but i'm hoping to be able to get it out VERY soon...

MM, xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh but i'm hoping to be able to get it out VERY soon...

MM, xx
for Brad and the Bangleman ?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
for Brad and the Bangleman ?
err...no, someone much more loved up than that...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.