Reload this Page >

Moving to Dubai with 3 children

Moving to Dubai with 3 children

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Just Tara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Dubai with 3 children

Hi there,
I have tried searching of this information but am struggling... I am a primary school teacher with 6 years experience and am now looking to find a job in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I desperately want a new life for me n my family. I would like advise on the likelihood of schools employing me with dependants? My husband works from home and would aim to continue to do this and if this is not possible he would take a career break. I want a change but am worried about uprooting my family only to find I need to come back to the UK. I would envisage making a long term move out there. I would appreciate any advice please.....
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai with 3 children

Originally Posted by Just Tara
Hi there,
I have tried searching of this information but am struggling... I am a primary school teacher with 6 years experience and am now looking to find a job in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. I desperately want a new life for me n my family. I would like advise on the likelihood of schools employing me with dependants? My husband works from home and would aim to continue to do this and if this is not possible he would take a career break. I want a change but am worried about uprooting my family only to find I need to come back to the UK. I would envisage making a long term move out there. I would appreciate any advice please.....
3 kids on a primary school teacher's package will be impossible.

It is very unlikely that your kids' schooling will be included in the deal. They would simply employ someone else.

Hubby needs to work. Which would technically be illegal, but if it's an internet based job then it would be OK.... assuming you can sponsor him of course.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

It is very unlikely that your kids' schooling will be included in the deal. They would simply employ someone else.

Hubby needs to work. Which would technically be illegal, but if it's an internet based job then it would be OK.... assuming you can sponsor him of course.
Although some schools offer a deal where your first born child is free if the mother works at the school.

Bottom line for the OP - your husband will have to work otherwise you will lose money by coming here. Easily done and happens much more than people realise....
Old Mar 24th 2014, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Although some schools offer a deal where your first born child is free if the mother works at the school.

Bottom line for the OP - your husband will have to work otherwise you will lose money by coming here. Easily done and happens much more than people realise....
I agree, your husband needs to work. You might get schooling free for one, but not the other two. Your accommodation is likely to be a one bedroomed apartment, not very comfy for 5 of you
Old Mar 24th 2014, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

most teachers get 3 kids free in the british schs that i know in auh.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
most teachers get 3 kids free in the british schs that i know in auh.
Great deal! Doesn't happen in Dubai though....
Old Mar 26th 2014, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Maybe the advice here should be forum members advising Op looks primarily at AUH for a start then.....
Old Mar 26th 2014, 7:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Great deal! Doesn't happen in Dubai though....
GEMS appear to give school places for nowt if you work for them.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
GEMS appear to give school places for nowt if you work for them.
Yep - one free place for your first born kid. If you've got three kids and schools in Abu Dhabi give you free schooling for all three then it looks like AD is the place to move to if you're a teacher (assuming her Busybeeness is correct.)
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Yep - one free place for your first born kid. If you've got three kids and schools in Abu Dhabi give you free schooling for all three then it looks like AD is the place to move to if you're a teacher (assuming her Busybeeness is correct.)
Really?

I'm sure the teachers who work with my mrs pay nothing for any of their sprogs...
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to be aware of this new development...

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ed...ooms-1.1308676
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mentalist
You may want to be aware of this new development...

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ed...ooms-1.1308676
And as the comments on that story point out, wages are far too low. Who wants to come into that stressful environment offered 14k+? You'd really have to be running away from something to accept.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 11:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Beakersful
And as the comments on that story point out, wages are far too low. Who wants to come into that stressful environment offered 14k+? You'd really have to be running away from something to accept.
Depends, my mrs gets less than 14k + Housing + Flight. She came here as a fully qualified teacher and enjoys it, has a good time and is clearing her student debt quicker than she could in the UK.

Swings and roundabouts.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was told the lower/upper pay scale for QTS teachers recently. I'd prefer staying in TEFL than taking on what many teachers have to, but the gender issue means my work is less likely to be in a more hospitable country, and she would struggle to match the upper end because of which gender those higher paying employers need. I'm not sure I've been born the luckier gender. Nothings close to perfect for either side of the fence.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 1:16 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Genrally young 'uns with a few years experience, housing covered, flight home so 14k to live off seems pretty OK to me. I doubt there are many gradautes in the UK with that sort of disposable income.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.