Moving To Dubai

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

si2211 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Dubai

I moving to dubai 11-02-05, I have an appt and car sorted , how hard is it to get a maid, as I am a single father with my 1 daughter.

PLEASE HELP
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:30 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Dubai

Originally Posted by si2211
I moving to dubai 11-02-05, I have an appt and car sorted , how hard is it to get a maid, as I am a single father with my 1 daughter.

PLEASE HELP
Hi s welcome to the forum.

There are lots of maids available, nannies as well, all depends on how much you want to pay and how qualified you want them. Do you hv a preference of nationality etc. Sponsorship is needed although i do not know how much that is, come companies will pay that for you.

Look at the FAQ's also at top of page.

Good luck
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help, but like mentioned, the FAQ, there's a link to section of newspapers, plenty there you can look out for, I'm sure there's plenty of adds and the like.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

As JB said, you can get maids very easily, simply by looking through the classifieds, or there are companies that you can arrange for professional nannies and maids from
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:44 am
Just Joined

si2211 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that , where do most brits live, I have an appartment at the greens, nr emirates golf club . i visited in Nov and liked it.

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Hi s welcome to the forum.

There are lots of maids available, nannies as well, all depends on how much you want to pay and how qualified you want them. Do you hv a preference of nationality etc. Sponsorship is needed although i do not know how much that is, come companies will pay that for you.

Look at the FAQ's also at top of page.

Good luck
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:55 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by si2211
Thanks for that , where do most brits live, I have an appartment at the greens, nr emirates golf club . i visited in Nov and liked it.

The Green is a nice community type of place as you know, there are some people from there who post here so .....i'll leave them to it.

A lot of people live in the Meadows/Lakes/Springs, which is all near The Greens. Jumeira Island is popular too as is Jumeira, but both are expensive.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 8th 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Jumeirah and Umm Seqeim used to be the main British residential areas, but now Mirdiff, The Lakes, The Springs, The Meadows and The Greens are popular areas with UK expats as well
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

The Green is a nice community type of place as you know, there are some people from there who post here so .....i'll leave them to it.

Well, that would be me. Brilliant place with younger kids. Home is what you make it. I have met plenty of British passport holders at The Greens but none of them seems to have been born in the UK. There are some British ladies here but mainly married to Middle Eastern. I like the mix and match here. A bit of everything available which reflects Dubai perfectly. Even rats.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 12:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Well, that would be me. Brilliant place with younger kids. Home is what you make it. I have met plenty of British passport holders at The Greens but none of them seems to have been born in the UK. There are some British ladies here but mainly married to Middle Eastern. I like the mix and match here. A bit of everything available which reflects Dubai perfectly. Even rats.

Rats :scared: I think they are everywhere to be honest PT.

My neighbour had them in the Meadows, have heard of other reports too. Huh needs more than a rat to put me off
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:25 am
HCAFC

Swingbridge. has a spectacular aura aboutSwingbridge. has a spectacular aura aboutSwingbridge. has a spectacular aura about

Rats :scared: I think they are everywhere to be honest PT.

My neighbour had them in the Meadows, have heard of other reports too. Huh needs more than a rat to put me off
One more item to add to the shit list.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Swingbridge.
One more item to add to the shit list.
Hv a good Xmas then did we????