Moving to Dubai

Old Sep 20th 2004, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Globetrotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

Thanks for the advice Face.

I've been in several different industries - mainly focussed on the commercial side of things. I find that khaleej and gulfnews don't really advertise the type of thing I'm looking for - but maybe I should take a closer look.

But you've been around dubai for about 22 years right ? I lived in Dubai about 19 years ago too - things have changed majorly since !!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:55 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Globetrotter
Thanks for the advice Face.

I've been in several different industries - mainly focussed on the commercial side of things. I find that khaleej and gulfnews don't really advertise the type of thing I'm looking for - but maybe I should take a closer look.

But you've been around dubai for about 22 years right ? I lived in Dubai about 19 years ago too - things have changed majorly since !!
Sent you a PM.......hope it helps globe trotter.

-Face81
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:10 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
Welcome to the forum Globtrotter. Its nice to c that so many people are giving up their lives to come and settle in this sometimes crazy society that is Dubai.

Sorry to say, but I think that you have done the best you can by writing in to all the major recruitment agencies in Dubai. There isnt much that you can do from here that you cant do from elsewhere. I guess you have to play the waiting game. Maybe you could try to contact the HR departments of companies directly? Tell me what line of work you are in and perhaps I could suggest a few companies and get their contact info for you.

You might even try the classifieds in local news papers:
www.gulfnews.com
www.khaleejtimes.com

Hope I have been of assistance. Welcome to the forum again!

And a special note to Joseph.Creative....Have a safe flight and I hope you enjoy the very warm welcome you will receive courtesy of our 38 degree weather. lol. Enjoy your stay and do let us know if there is anything you need. We are here to help.

-Face81
nice one... too many meetings too few days!!! but 2 weekends as well which is useful!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
nice one... too many meetings too few days!!! but 2 weekends as well which is useful!
Hey Joseph,

R u in Dubai already?? U lucky son of a gun.
Well I am trying to find something that looks like a job but so far nothing ...Not even a interview call from Dubai or any other UAE city. If you r not in dubai when u will be and Is it a job offer that u got or u r going just for the hell of it?

Khan
Old Sep 20th 2004, 5:00 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello again Joseph. Welcome to Dubai.

Sent you a PM with some useful info.

Enjoy your stay.

-Face81
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Hey Joseph,

R u in Dubai already?? U lucky son of a gun.
Well I am trying to find something that looks like a job but so far nothing ...Not even a interview call from Dubai or any other UAE city. If you r not in dubai when u will be and Is it a job offer that u got or u r going just for the hell of it?

Khan
He just went, more for a recce....did the online recruitment stuff and now over there to make the calls and see the people, probably best way of getting in the door...
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Globetrotter is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for al the info guys. I've decided to go off to Dubai as well for a couple of days next week - as soon as I can get some concrete appointments with people who can help!

Joe - how are you experiencing calling and meeting the right people ? Any tips ?

Btw - If I remember correctly there's a pretty nice bar which i'll think you like on SZR, in the basement of the Rotana - Long's.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:42 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Globetrotter
Thanks for al the info guys. I've decided to go off to Dubai as well for a couple of days next week - as soon as I can get some concrete appointments with people who can help!

Joe - how are you experiencing calling and meeting the right people ? Any tips ?

Btw - If I remember correctly there's a pretty nice bar which i'll think you like on SZR, in the basement of the Rotana - Long's.
yep the rotana is opposite where I am staying... good bar it is!!! went ther the first night...

tips.. just plug away and do not stop. when i get back to the UK I can email you some stuff as I need a hardline to send via my laptop from my regualr account not this damn web mail when on the move.....

email me thru expat site and can get some stuff off to you.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

yep the rotana is opposite where I am staying... good bar it is!!! went ther the first night...
Glad your having a fun time of it
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:13 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
Glad your having a fun time of it
just cheking mail a little but no real time to do the main lounge rooms as well u know!!!

good to see ur name pop up.

doing some good stuff here... work hard and play hard!

u ok?
Old Sep 25th 2004, 2:55 am
The Oracle

tips.. just plug away and do not stop. when i get back to the UK I can email you some stuff as I need a hardline to send via my laptop from my regualr account not this damn web mail when on the move.....

I am really pleased by the way you are getting around Dubai joe! Well done. I mean, its not some sort of backward village or anything, but most people dont find it 'user friendly' to start off with.

I really am impressed......u know names of raods, locations of all important hotels and errrr bars! lol

Enjoy urself!

-Face81
Old Sep 25th 2004, 3:07 am
The Oracle

I am really pleased by the way you are getting around Dubai joe! Well done. I mean, its not some sort of backward village or anything, but most people dont find it 'user friendly' to start off with.

I really am impressed......u know names of raods, locations of all important hotels and errrr bars! lol

Enjoy urself!

-Face81
Old Sep 26th 2004, 7:54 pm
The 5th Amendment

Enjoy urself!

-Face81
well you can put me in any city or village or even in the middle of a desert and I can find a good bar... hold on I am in the middle of the desert!!!! lol

handy bar tip: never look out of the window of Vu's after 6 stella's..... and hold ur breath on the way down in the elevator.... lol
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:35 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Enjoy urself!

-Face81
Don't Face!! His head's big enough as it is.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:37 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

handy bar tip: never look out of the window of Vu's after 6 stella's..... and hold ur breath on the way down in the elevator.... lol
That tip is soooooo handy. Gosh! Wish someone had told me years ago. You got any more life-enhancing advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.