Moving to Dubai

Old Sep 18th 2004, 7:41 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: Moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
It may be ofhelp to you Im not quite sure but most recruitment agencies rely on potentail employers to spot a vacany in the paper.
You could try [email protected]
However before youleap and sign a contract be sure its the job you want as in the uae there is a cunning law that aims to stop certain ppl from job hopping , if you resign you can potentially recieve 6 months, max two years ban on working in the uae and also banned from entering the country for 6 months.
cheers... hmm been very busy and getting things sorted... am a very fussy bastard re work.... good to know about the law as well... i sent u a mail by the way about 5 minutes ago..
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:07 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
cheers... hmm been very busy and getting things sorted... am a very fussy bastard re work.... good to know about the law as well... i sent u a mail by the way about 5 minutes ago..

Good Luck Joseph! Oh...and have a safe journey!
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:09 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

I sent one back at yah 10 minutes ago
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:24 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Good Luck Joseph! Oh...and have a safe journey!
thank you madame Pie....
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

thank you madame Pie....
so how goes it?
surprised your not proping up the crap thread..
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:52 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
so how goes it?
surprised your not proping up the crap thread..
been a busy boy... and a tired boy... trying to get the weight of my folio down!!! u ok tonight?
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

been a busy boy... and a tired boy... trying to get the weight of my folio down!!! u ok tonight?
How big's the folio? Not pdf'ed it?
And yeah, dull day really, but still around for a bit
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:23 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Bob
How big's the folio? Not pdf'ed it?
And yeah, dull day really, but still around for a bit
thing is... have the pres on the G4 powerbook but must have print samples and stuff liek that to show i understand paper and materials etc etc so it is a schlep then the photos and plans of the exhibitions so means a lot of shit!!! aaahhhhh..

all cool though getting it down to abiout 250 kilos !!! :scared:
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:03 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Globetrotter
Hi all. New to the forum - been reading all the comments being made about moving to Dubai. Very helpful.

Maybe someone can give me a bit of advise - the last 2 years I've been working in Europe in a commercial function and I've travelled to ME quite a lot, including Dubai. I enjoyed Dubai so much that I've decided to move out there. I'm 26 and single, so no ties to Europe which could hold me back.

Only thing is, that means dropping the job here and getting a new one there. I have now wrote myself into most of the agencies and reacted to a few job opps I saw - but I get the impression that nothing will happen unless I am physically in Dubai.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the agencies and others to be more proactive with my cv - without me having to be in Dubai until needed ?
hey... most of my stuff has beensorted out from the UK and am now out in Dubai tomorrow to do the meets and make the phone calls that people have said to do when I am in town.

just hammer away and do not stop.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:11 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

...and you may reach 1280+ posts as quickly as Joseph.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Globetrotter is an unknown quantity at this point

hey... most of my stuff has beensorted out from the UK and am now out in Dubai tomorrow to do the meets and make the phone calls that people have said to do when I am in town.

Thanks joe.
How long've you been busy with arranging ?

Good luck in DXB. You going for good now ?
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:22 pm
The 5th Amendment

Thanks joe.
How long've you been busy with arranging ?

Good luck in DXB. You going for good now ?
well the posts took me about 4 weeks.. nah nah CP!!!

and the work stuff about 6 weeks maybe... and over tomorrow and CP will be happy to know that i will be taking a break from be.com but will be back in 12 days. It is with a view to move over as she still has not asked me out for a drink out... sulk!!!

nah... just keep at it and things do seem to work out.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:56 pm
Simply Brilliant

well the posts took me about 4 weeks.. nah nah CP!!!
It is with a view to move over as she still has not asked me out for a drink out... sulk!!!
You know what Joseph?! I was going to call you mid-week...thought we'd meet this Friday for that drink, but alas! You're in Dubai aren't you? Never mind!
Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:39 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
You know what Joseph?! I was going to call you mid-week...thought we'd meet this Friday for that drink, but alas! You're in Dubai aren't you? Never mind!
typical.... tut tut....
Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:44 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all. New to the forum - been reading all the comments being made about moving to Dubai. Very helpful.

Maybe someone can give me a bit of advise - the last 2 years I've been working in Europe in a commercial function and I've travelled to ME quite a lot, including Dubai. I enjoyed Dubai so much that I've decided to move out there. I'm 26 and single, so no ties to Europe which could hold me back.

Only thing is, that means dropping the job here and getting a new one there. I have now wrote myself into most of the agencies and reacted to a few job opps I saw - but I get the impression that nothing will happen unless I am physically in Dubai.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get the agencies and others to be more proactive with my cv - without me having to be in Dubai until needed ?

Welcome to the forum Globtrotter. Its nice to c that so many people are giving up their lives to come and settle in this sometimes crazy society that is Dubai.

Sorry to say, but I think that you have done the best you can by writing in to all the major recruitment agencies in Dubai. There isnt much that you can do from here that you cant do from elsewhere. I guess you have to play the waiting game. Maybe you could try to contact the HR departments of companies directly? Tell me what line of work you are in and perhaps I could suggest a few companies and get their contact info for you.

You might even try the classifieds in local news papers:
www.gulfnews.com
www.khaleejtimes.com

Hope I have been of assistance. Welcome to the forum again!

And a special note to Joseph.Creative....Have a safe flight and I hope you enjoy the very warm welcome you will receive courtesy of our 38 degree weather. lol. Enjoy your stay and do let us know if there is anything you need. We are here to help.

-Face81

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.