Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Dubai with 2 year old... Help!!

Moving to Dubai with 2 year old... Help!!

Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Rachaelm is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Dubai with 2 year old... Help!!

Hello,

My partner has been offered an opportunity by his company to work in Dubai, although it is a fantastic opportunity i am a bit concerned what it would be like for both a 2 year old and an "at home mum" living in Dubai. Are there mums & toddler groups to get involved in to meet other families in the same situation? What age do they take children into nurseries/pre-school, if so are there good nurseries for my son? Any advice on moving to Dubai with a 2 year old would be great!

Thank you in advance!

Rachael
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:51 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Dubai with 2 year old... Help!!

tons and tons and tons of stuff so stop worrying about that. BUT you say partner? you will have to be married for him to be able to sponsor you to enable you to stay long term. Just saying incase you arent aware of the rules.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Rachaelm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I didn't know that but luckily we are getting married in a couple of months!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry.

You will find lots of opportunities to do things. Probably more/better opps than you would back home- wherever that is. I have absolutely no hesitation in saying this.

Best of luck to you and your young family, I hope you have a great time!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachaelm
Hello,

My partner has been offered an opportunity by his company to work in Dubai, although it is a fantastic opportunity i am a bit concerned what it would be like for both a 2 year old and an "at home mum" living in Dubai. Are there mums & toddler groups to get involved in to meet other families in the same situation? What age do they take children into nurseries/pre-school, if so are there good nurseries for my son? Any advice on moving to Dubai with a 2 year old would be great!

Thank you in advance!

Rachael
i moved over with a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 month old...it's been great. There are loads of things to do with kids here, and it is a great way of meeting people...

There are some fabulous nurseries, but they do have waiting lists so you would need to get this sorted asap...

Don't worry...i'm sure you'd love it here...

MM, xx
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

greengables is an unknown quantity at this point

Just want to say I am glad u wrote this thread as I too have a 2yr old and 5mth old and are looking to move to Dubai - I too have had concerns but from everything I hear it is good for kids there - this has been a big (nice) surprise for me!