British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Moving to Doha - Housing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/moving-doha-housing-872524/)

Muggi91 Feb 15th 2016 5:26 pm

Moving to Doha - Housing

Hi All,

I've been offered a job with Qatar Airways, and looking for a decent studio near the airport.

My housing allowance is 4000QR, and would like to stick with this amount if possible. Im a able to find anything for 4000QR in a good neighbourhood?

I am 24, recent graduate so will have a quite simple lifestyle.

Every help will be much appreciated.

co durham boy Feb 16th 2016 3:45 am

Re: Moving to Doha - Housing

Originally Posted by Muggi91 (Post 11868359)
Hi All,

I've been offered a job with Qatar Airways, and looking for a decent studio near the airport.

My housing allowance is 4000QR, and would like to stick with this amount if possible. Im a able to find anything for 4000QR in a good neighbourhood?

I am 24, recent graduate so will have a quite simple lifestyle.

Every help will be much appreciated.

Look for an apartment share , 4000QR is nothing in Doha , it will get you a bed space with 5 families from Hydrabad and a colony of cockroaches.

Johnnyboy11 Feb 17th 2016 12:44 pm

You could have a look here. As above, a flat share will be more likely for QAR 4000 /month. Accommodation is Qatar is stupidly expensive and rubbish quality. There are no nice areas in Qatar, in my opinion. The only differentiator is how bad the traffic is between your apartment and workplace.

martinbkk Feb 18th 2016 9:33 am

More Doha housing

Getting to be a bit of a perennial this one I guess but info seems quite fluid so I feel I have to ask.

Looking to move in the next few months, currently in a cosy apartment close to the previous job. Been there 2 years now and with a change of job it's time to move. I now need to be way out west and thinking of maybe something on a compound either north or south of Salwa Road about as far west as you can go whilst still retaining what passes for civilization in Doha.

Budget is circa 15k but I could push that to maybe 18k.

Any thoughts on decent places to be looking? I've tried driving around but it seems a totally hopeless approach. I will probably end up having to fall back on a pointless 'agent' if for no other reason than being able to see a reasonable quantity of places with little effort on my part but I'd like to have an idea of where at least.

martinbkk Feb 18th 2016 12:03 pm

More Doha housing

Getting to be a bit of a perennial this one I guess but info seems quite fluid so I feel I have to ask.

Looking to move in the next few months, currently in a cosy apartment close to the previous job. Been there 2 years now and with a change of job it's time to move. I now need to be way out west and thinking of maybe something on a compound either north or south of Salwa Road about as far west as you can go whilst still retaining what passes for civilization in Doha.

Budget is circa 15k but I could push that to maybe 18k.

Any thoughts on decent places to be looking? I've tried driving around but it seems a totally hopeless approach. I will probably end up having to fall back on a pointless 'agent' if for no other reason than being able to see a reasonable quantity of places with little effort on my part but I'd like to have an idea of where at least.

martinbkk Feb 18th 2016 12:03 pm

Apologies about the above post I thought I was starting a new thread. Awful things these confusers at times