British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Moving to Doha but have been let down by property broker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/moving-doha-but-have-been-let-down-property-broker-829977/)

willforbes88 Mar 30th 2014 7:57 am

Moving to Doha but have been let down by property broker

Does anyone have any suggestions/ recommendations for me regards property brokers/ agents? Was let down by an arab guy there and am looking for someone who a) speaks decent english b) doesn't lie and try to steal from me!

It's getting quite pressing! I look at these things but never post on them!

Thanks very much:D

britexpat76 Mar 30th 2014 8:33 am

Re: Moving to Doha but have been let down by property broker

Are you here already?

willforbes88 Mar 30th 2014 8:58 am

Not yet, but within the next 10 days. Any suggestions, I am sceptical, inextremis, of these dodgy people. Why are there no proper western companies set-up already?

britexpat76 Mar 30th 2014 9:02 am

Get put up in accommodation for the 1st month and look when you get here. All agents are ***** here and only after your money. You are far better to sort things out and see for yourself when you are here. You also don't pay the agent anything they collect their money from the Landlord.

willforbes88 Mar 30th 2014 9:03 am

Thanks, a friend of mine said there is a group of property [people from the UK who have spotted a niche and are currently setting up shop; this sounds like a pipe dream though!

britexpat76 Mar 30th 2014 9:13 am

Originally Posted by willforbes88 (Post 11196551)
Thanks, a friend of mine said there is a group of property [people from the UK who have spotted a niche and are currently setting up shop; this sounds like a pipe dream though!

I know a brit girl that has just gone into property. I can hook you up when you get here.

willforbes88 Mar 30th 2014 9:14 am

Amazing, do you have her contact details?

norsk Mar 30th 2014 9:28 am

Originally Posted by willforbes88 (Post 11196551)

oh yes. estate agents from the UK are much more trustworthy and honest than the ones already here...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

willforbes88 Mar 30th 2014 9:32 am

Yeah, as a breed they are reptiles but on the whole I prefer those with a background in a regulated industry!! Are you in Doha? Do you know anyone?

norsk Mar 30th 2014 9:36 am

Originally Posted by willforbes88 (Post 11196575)
Yeah, as a breed they are reptiles but on the whole I prefer those with a background in a regulated industry!! Are you in Doha? Do you know anyone?

nope. sorry. not in doha, but it's the same all over the gulf. all cheating, lying scumbags. if you can work around them that's your best bet. like someone else said get your employer to put you up in a serviced apartment for a month and then you can start looking. trying to do it from abroad is a waste of time..

Venezuelan007 Mar 30th 2014 5:23 pm

Still, without RP (meaning checkbook) there is few you can do. #TrueStory

busybee2 Mar 30th 2014 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by willforbes88 (Post 11196508)
Does anyone have any suggestions/ recommendations for me regards property brokers/ agents? Was let down by an arab guy there and am looking for someone who a) speaks decent english b) doesn't lie and try to steal from me!

It's getting quite pressing! I look at these things but never post on them!

Thanks very much:D

fact of life in this neck of woods.