Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving companies before contract

Moving companies before contract

Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

harryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really niceharryharris is just really nice
Default Moving companies before contract

Hi all

i got some great advice when i was considering moving to Dubai on this site. i made the move and have never regretted it.

I work for an Ad agency in Media city.
However, i have recently had an interview at another 2 companies and have been offered a position paying alot more.

One company is outside Media city and the other is in it.

My question is this, i have a contract for 2 years, but no where in it does it mention the fact that i need to work for 2 years. it is essentially a rolling contract. Can i move without getting banned? Is there a minimum amount of time that you need to work to avoid getting banned?

and if so, would it be better to move to the one outside or inside Media City?

Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving companies before contract

Originally Posted by harryharris
Hi all

i got some great advice when i was considering moving to Dubai on this site. i made the move and have never regretted it.

I work for an Ad agency in Media city.
However, i have recently had an interview at another 2 companies and have been offered a position paying alot more.

One company is outside Media city and the other is in it.

My question is this, i have a contract for 2 years, but no where in it does it mention the fact that i need to work for 2 years. it is essentially a rolling contract. Can i move without getting banned? Is there a minimum amount of time that you need to work to avoid getting banned?

and if so, would it be better to move to the one outside or inside Media City?

Thanks
Dirty Harry, if I'm not mistaken, your visa should be a free zone visa,since you're in DMC...Hence, there shouldn't be a ban involved...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Dirty Harry, if I'm not mistaken, your visa should be a free zone visa,since you're in DMC...Hence, there shouldn't be a ban involved...
however, the Free Zone may refuse to give another Visa. So DMC jobs may be out of the question
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
however, the Free Zone may refuse to give another Visa. So DMC jobs may be out of the question
I think you're free to move within the same freezone...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard some can get a bit arsey.
definitely free to move to a different Free Zone though
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I've heard some can get a bit arsey.
definitely free to move to a different Free Zone though
That needs to be confirmed...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

That needs to be confirmed...
course it does...that's what the op was asking...

MM, xx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:31 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

but couldn't the old company in the FZ then object to him working for a competitor in the same FZ?

More questions lol
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
course it does...that's what the op was asking...

MM, xx
Was she asking if they can move to a different company within the same FZ??? No...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Was she asking if they can move to a different company within the same FZ??? No...
yes she was...

MM, xx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sinderelle
but couldn't the old company in the FZ then object to him working for a competitor in the same FZ?

More questions lol
I'm just a BE poster...Not the Undersecretary to the Ministry of Labour!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yes she was...

MM, xx
Ahhh sorry...Got confused with Cinderella's thread...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:35 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

sorry is harryharris a she - opps sorry I called you 'him'
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahhh sorry...Got confused with Cinderella's thread...
apology accepted...you know i'm always right though...

MM, xx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sinderelle
sorry is harryharris a she - opps sorry I called you 'him'
no, i think confucius confused things...i reckon harry is a he...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.