Reload this Page >

Moving with a Baby?

Moving with a Baby?

Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

sternchen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving with a Baby?

Hi there,

my family might be relocating to Dubai in December, we got to decide within the next few days. My biggest concern is, that I would also be working and I don´t have the slightest clue how to organize daycare for my one-year-old daughter.

I heard, that there are looong waitlists for childcare. I also don´t know yet, what kind of housing our employer will offer.

Was somebody in a similar situation? How can the problem be solved?

I am grateful for any idea...
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:41 pm
Balushi

No! There is No waithing lists of what so ever!

If you come here with ur baby just call any daycare and everything is ok!

And you can hire a Filipino for around 600 Aed to take care of ur daughter!

This is not a Problem at all here in Dubai!

There are a Lot of Nurseries and a lot of service at affordable and cheap rates!

Old Oct 18th 2003, 8:26 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving with a Baby?

Originally posted by sternchen
Hi there,

my family might be relocating to Dubai in December, we got to decide within the next few days. My biggest concern is, that I would also be working and I don´t have the slightest clue how to organize daycare for my one-year-old daughter.

I heard, that there are looong waitlists for childcare. I also don´t know yet, what kind of housing our employer will offer.

Hi

If you havenever been to Dubai before then please be assured that there is plenty of everthing you will need for your 1 year old!

There is a mother care and an Adam's to kit out your little one.

I, myself am moving with a 1 year old on 30/10 and will be looking for work, as for child care I have not given it much thought right now but your hunsbands it they offer housing allowance may also offer school / nursery fee's.

Check out expatmum.com for al;l you info on childcare and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Heart of Gold
Old Oct 18th 2003, 4:15 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Childcare and waiting lists

Yes there are filipinos that are willing to care for your child, at a small cost but if you want private childcare which fee's can be covered by a spouses' employer then there are waiting lists, as there are for all the English Schools.

They do however favour British passport holders first. I personally will not allow any oen to care for my children other than myself, my husband or a very good friend who I can trust.

Hope all goes well for you.

Heart of Gold.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

creative is a jewel in the roughcreative is a jewel in the roughcreative is a jewel in the roughcreative is a jewel in the roughcreative is a jewel in the rough
Cool Re: Moving with a Baby?

day care isnt a prob at all. dont worry. endless choice is available. check yellowpages.ae

syed imran
050-5591233
[email protected]

Originally posted by sternchen
Hi there,