British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Moving with a Baby? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/moving-baby-185551/)

sternchen Oct 17th 2003 8:26 pm

Moving with a Baby?

Hi there,

my family might be relocating to Dubai in December, we got to decide within the next few days. My biggest concern is, that I would also be working and I don´t have the slightest clue how to organize daycare for my one-year-old daughter.

I heard, that there are looong waitlists for childcare. I also don´t know yet, what kind of housing our employer will offer.

Was somebody in a similar situation? How can the problem be solved?

I am grateful for any idea...

Balushi Oct 17th 2003 8:41 pm

No! There is No waithing lists of what so ever!

If you come here with ur baby just call any daycare and everything is ok!

And you can hire a Filipino for around 600 Aed to take care of ur daughter!

This is not a Problem at all here in Dubai!

There are a Lot of Nurseries and a lot of service at affordable and cheap rates!

Heart of gold Oct 18th 2003 8:26 am

Re: Moving with a Baby?

Originally posted by sternchen
Hi there,

my family might be relocating to Dubai in December, we got to decide within the next few days. My biggest concern is, that I would also be working and I don´t have the slightest clue how to organize daycare for my one-year-old daughter.

I heard, that there are looong waitlists for childcare. I also don´t know yet, what kind of housing our employer will offer.

:) Hi

If you havenever been to Dubai before then please be assured that there is plenty of everthing you will need for your 1 year old!

There is a mother care and an Adam's to kit out your little one.

I, myself am moving with a 1 year old on 30/10 and will be looking for work, as for child care I have not given it much thought right now but your hunsbands it they offer housing allowance may also offer school / nursery fee's.

Check out expatmum.com for al;l you info on childcare and any other questions you may have.

Regards,
Heart of Gold

Heart of gold Oct 18th 2003 4:15 pm

Childcare and waiting lists

Yes there are filipinos that are willing to care for your child, at a small cost but if you want private childcare which fee's can be covered by a spouses' employer then there are waiting lists, as there are for all the English Schools.

They do however favour British passport holders first. I personally will not allow any oen to care for my children other than myself, my husband or a very good friend who I can trust.

Hope all goes well for you.

Heart of Gold.

creative Nov 10th 2003 9:29 pm

Re: Moving with a Baby?

day care isnt a prob at all. dont worry. endless choice is available. check yellowpages.ae

syed imran
050-5591233
[email protected]

Originally posted by sternchen
Hi there,