Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to AD next week :)

Moving to AD next week :)

Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to AD next week :)

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for your input over the last couple of months, the replies have been really helpful and informative, and I fly out to Dubai on Friday to start my new life in the UAE.

I shall be going to AD next Monday and although it will take some weeks to settle in I was wondering if/when some of the board members actually meet up for a drink and a chat. It would be nice to meet some of you and get some first hand experience of how the place works?

If anyone would be kind enough to let a newbie come and join you then I would be really appreciative. Please let me know the place and times, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:36 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to AD next week :)

the AD guys do meet up quite regulary, am sure they will see this and pick up on it. Good luck.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, good luck, sure you'll have a blast...and the ad guys will defo take you out for a beer or two...

MM, xx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Where you living? Not that I get out for a beer nowadays
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, I'll be living in Al Raha Gardens, never been there myself, but I believe that it will be fine..................it looks like sorting out the schools for my children will be the hardest aprt, and until I do then it will be me on my own, so meeting new people will really help me to settle in.

I'm really looking forward to it though.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:03 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markhighpeak
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for your input over the last couple of months, the replies have been really helpful and informative, and I fly out to Dubai on Friday to start my new life in the UAE.

I shall be going to AD next Monday and although it will take some weeks to settle in I was wondering if/when some of the board members actually meet up for a drink and a chat. It would be nice to meet some of you and get some first hand experience of how the place works?

If anyone would be kind enough to let a newbie come and join you then I would be really appreciative. Please let me know the place and times, and I look forward to meeting with you soon.
yah the AD folk are lovely
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move. We tend to get together ad hoc - nothing on a regular basis. I am busy/travelling a bit at the moment but some others many be up for a get together soon. But keep checking in and asking Q's - you'll have more when you arrive I am sure!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

what about that weekly thing that Norm does? and where the hell is Twinkle these days?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what about that weekly thing that Norm does? and where the hell is Twinkle these days?
she's in the uk...and looking good...!!!

MM, xx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

i lived in Al Raha Gardens, they are sound......good move!!

bit far out for a beer though, invest in a home bar if you are an alcoholic like myself!!

Last edited by arbroath_abroad; Sep 16th 2008 at 3:55 am.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
she's in the uk...and looking good...!!!

MM, xx

i thought she was back, im loving the new photo's
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

bit far out for a beer though, invest in a home bar if you are an alcoholic like myself!!

How much is a cab each way from ARG to the main bars then...........last time I was in Dubai the taxi's where cheap enough?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

How much is a cab each way from ARG to the main bars then...........last time I was in Dubai the taxi's where cheap enough?
you can pick up the gold and white 'death cars' cheap enough as long as you dont mind the smell and a lack of seatbelts....Approx 40AED from ARG to town however they will ask for more on the return as they have no chance for getting a return fare.

The better ones are about twice the amount...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i thought she was back, im loving the new photo's
what new photos
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:38 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning to start up my networking (I say networking but it's really an excuse to get drunk with new people) after Eid but I'm out a few nights a week for a quick beer and a bite. If you plan on being in the Tourist club area anytime let me know and I'll direct you to one of my locals

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.