Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO AD IN MAY ??

MOVING TO AD IN MAY ??

Old Dec 31st 2009, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO AD IN MAY ??

Originally Posted by soukie
There's some sinking happening at Sas Nakeel too!
do you know the reason behind it, I do
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
do you know the reason behind it, I do
Landfill?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Landfill?
well sort of. there used to be a canal dug from raha beach along to kcb and beyond, they decided to fill it in, and so thats why the "voids" appear, at that point some 4 years ago there was a lovely drop in the road, i was driving behind a nissan sunny and suddenly he took off, all 4 wheels left the road, he did really well to get them all back down to earth in one piece, he obviously wasnt looking too well in front of him, as it wasnt hidden or anything. but this particular "earthquake" hole in front of the polo club i think may have something to do with the green pipes they are laying, and have been pumping out the water and so has collapsed the surrounding soil along with the recent rains.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hence why now new houses have to have 6 piles investigations etc.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

well sort of. there used to be a canal dug from raha beach along to kcb and beyond, they decided to fill it in, and so thats why the "voids" appear, at that point some 4 years ago there was a lovely drop in the road, i was driving behind a nissan sunny and suddenly he took off, all 4 wheels left the road, he did really well to get them all back down to earth in one piece, he obviously wasnt looking too well in front of him, as it wasnt hidden or anything. but this particular "earthquake" hole in front of the polo club i think may have something to do with the green pipes they are laying, and have been pumping out the water and so has collapsed the surrounding soil along with the recent rains.
Oh yes I remember now - it was (maybe still is) called Channel Street. Hard to believe that there wasn't much there a couple of years ago and now the place is a large sprawling expat housing estate.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh yes I remember now - it was (maybe still is) called Channel Street. Hard to believe that there wasn't much there a couple of years ago and now the place is a large sprawling expat housing estate.
channel st is actually the main road with raha beach on one side and kca etc on the other...... as it goes along the main channel that was the public beach before they decided to build firstly the hotel on it and then close it off completely to develop it into raha beach etc. no i am thinking of the road green 12 i think which is the outer road up by the polo club etc. but yes when we first moved "off island" everyone's reply was "do you need your passport?" and some people still say the same to this day.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What was the canal used for?
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 4:26 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
What was the canal used for?
burying untouched barge poles
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
burying untouched barge poles
Darn it, I was hoping it was the backbone of a grand textile industry that has since past.

At least it isn't a mass grave for all the construction causalities.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Darn it, I was hoping it was the backbone of a grand textile industry that has since past.

At least it isn't a mass grave for all the construction causalities.
get time team out
Old Jan 9th 2010, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

shandolier is on a distinguished road

Polo club? What polo club?
Old Jan 9th 2010, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shandolier
Polo club? What polo club?
yep meant to be one opening when Mr Sheikh comes to open it.