Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Moving to Abu Dhabi... single guy issues

Moving to Abu Dhabi... single guy issues

Old Jan 10th 2019, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Queef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi... single guy issues

Originally Posted by archie159
I know lots of people who have stayed for ages in hotel-run serviced apartments (eg Park Rotana, one of the Reem Island hotels [can't remember its name] etc). I don't know what they pay, but you can certainly haggle over prices, but you'll probably find it easier to do this once here. I've also met people staying long term in the hotels out at Yas - Staybridge etc. And the longer you commit to the better the rate you'll be offered - again, you need to haggle over break-clauses. But you can certainly do it month by month if you wish - but you'll pay more than if you commit to eg 6 months, a year etc.
ps - now that I think about it, I am sure I met someone recently who told me he pays about 6k per month. If it was the person I am thinking of, then he is in the Dusit Thani. There are so many new hotels going up that you have a strong position to negotiate once you are here, and can drive around a bit and show them offers you have had elsewhere.
Dusit thani for 6k per month? I guess that is just a room though, no kitchen.. One requirement I failed to mention is that I need a closed kitchen. I will probably have women living with me for periods of months and they will want to cook. And I hate the smell of thai food
Old Jan 10th 2019, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Queef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Latinah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Just do a long term through airbnb - my mate does this and it works out great.
Sweet- I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip. Only thing is, I hate dealing with private landlords...
Old Jan 10th 2019, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Queef Latinah
Sweet- I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip. Only thing is, I hate dealing with private landlords...
Thanks- I checked out Jannah already. They don't have decent kitchens, that's the only problem..
Old Jan 10th 2019, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Oriental Apartments in tourist club, decent size, yes a little older, but "lady friendly".

My mate spent 2 years there, private parking etc. Across the road from the Trap @ The Dana Hotel and around the corner from the Howard Johnston - what's not to like?

Oh, and an A&E no licence booze shop with pork shop next door.
Old Jan 12th 2019, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
Oriental Apartments in tourist club, decent size, yes a little older, but "lady friendly".

My mate spent 2 years there, private parking etc. Across the road from the Trap @ The Dana Hotel and around the corner from the Howard Johnston - what's not to like?

That's what you call some seriously good logistics planning
Old Jan 13th 2019, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing

Thanks for the tip- convinced me enough to add it to the "must visit" list... Although pics online aren't flattering...