British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Moving to Abu Dhabi - advance information? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/moving-abu-dhabi-advance-information-477139/)

weescot Aug 31st 2007 2:46 pm

Re: Moving to Abu Dhabi - advance information?

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5256827)
Well, good on you for making a big decision on moving out here - I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Good luck - hope everything goes smoothly for you, if it doesn't there's plenty of folks here to help. :)

Thanks! I am sure I will - if only for the warmer water!

You have all been very helpful already. Great little online community.:thumbup:

weescot Oct 2nd 2007 3:31 pm

Thanks for all contributions - have finally found somewhere. Cheques now clearing with landlord.

The situation on the ground was a lot worse than I expected. 6 agents, daily calls to all over 10 days yielded only 7 apartments to view. I ended up paying almost double my allowance for a three bed apartment - but it is exceptionally nice and it is in my preferred location - Kaladyah, walking distance to Corniche. it was all that was available that wasn't an old fleapit. And one and two bedroom apartments are just not on the market at the moment. Thanks Ethihad!

Again, thanks for all contributions. Now off to Carrfour to buy white goods.

shakh your bootie Oct 3rd 2007 6:48 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 5378275)
Thanks for all contributions - have finally found somewhere. Cheques now clearing with landlord.

The situation on the ground was a lot worse than I expected. 6 agents, daily calls to all over 10 days yielded only 7 apartments to view. I ended up paying almost double my allowance for a three bed apartment - but it is exceptionally nice and it is in my preferred location - Kaladyah, walking distance to Corniche. it was all that was available that wasn't an old fleapit. And one and two bedroom apartments are just not on the market at the moment. Thanks Ethihad!

Again, thanks for all contributions. Now off to Carrfour to buy white goods.

Cool. When's the housewarming party?

weescot Oct 3rd 2007 9:47 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5380514)
Cool. When's the housewarming party?

When my name is no longer Billy - and I have a fridge to chill the beer.
:)

shakh your bootie Oct 3rd 2007 11:09 am

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 5380930)
When my name is no longer Billy - and I have a fridge to chill the beer.
:)

:rofl:

I think the Abu Dhabi BE Night out is about due!