Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Movenpick Hotel

The Movenpick Hotel

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:25 am
Just Joined

tcsr has a brilliant futuretcsr has a brilliant futuretcsr has a brilliant futuretcsr has a brilliant futuretcsr has a brilliant futuretcsr has a brilliant future
Default The Movenpick Hotel

Hello everyone, just came across this web site. me and a few work mates from Scotland are coming across to Dubai later this year, we have been booked into the Movenpick hotel and just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this place other than what is on the web site etc?

Is it a good place to stay?

where abouts is it located in relation to dubai city?

whats the live music scene like over there? I am aware that there are a couple of music venues attached to this hotel, what are they like? anyone been in them before?

also would be interested in any other information that you guys can give us in regards to Dubai as this will be the first time across for all of us.......

thanks in advance

(tcsr)
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:12 pm
W10

Default Re: The Movenpick Hotel

Originally Posted by tcsr
Hello everyone, just came across this web site. me and a few work mates from Scotland are coming across to Dubai later this year, we have been booked into the Movenpick hotel and just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this place other than what is on the web site etc?

Is it a good place to stay?

where abouts is it located in relation to dubai city?

whats the live music scene like over there? I am aware that there are a couple of music venues attached to this hotel, what are they like? anyone been in them before?

also would be interested in any other information that you guys can give us in regards to Dubai as this will be the first time across for all of us.......

thanks in advance

(tcsr)
Dubai has a succession of low quality party bands who seem to think they are gods for some reason.

To be fair, the band at the Movenpick's club is not as bad as some, although if you've been a couple of times you've heard their set. It just doesn't change. On the upside, they do have a rather tasty blonde female singer and it's good fun when you're drunk. Don't expect a proper 'music scene' though.

Location wise, I'd say the Movenpick isn't great, but getting anywhere by taxi in Dubai is very cheap. The hotel is nice though.

Old Jul 24th 2005, 7:16 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Movenpick Hotel

Originally Posted by W10
Dubai has a succession of low quality party bands who seem to think they are gods for some reason.

To be fair, the band at the Movenpick's club is not as bad as some, although if you've been a couple of times you've heard their set. It just doesn't change. On the upside, they do have a rather tasty blonde female singer and it's good fun when you're drunk. Don't expect a proper 'music scene' though.

Location wise, I'd say the Movenpick isn't great, but getting anywhere by taxi in Dubai is very cheap. The hotel is nice though.
Please be aware that if your friends are coming over during October, there will be no live music anywhere.

Rgds
JD