motorbike!

Old May 9th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

mabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nice
Default motorbike!

my husband wants take his motorbike with him when he moves to abu dhabi in september from uk. anyone know if this is even allowed?! thanks
Old May 10th 2010, 5:36 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: motorbike!

Originally Posted by mabsy
my husband wants take his motorbike with him when he moves to abu dhabi in september from uk. anyone know if this is even allowed?! thanks
No reason why not. Pack it with your other household goods but be prepared to pay customs duty on it. Depending on the bike, it may be cheaper to buy one here. New bikes tend to be cheaper than the UK and used bikes can represent very good value...again depending on the bike.

What's he ride?
Old May 10th 2010, 5:38 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

If he is considering usng it to commute each day I would also look at a good life insurance policy.....
Old May 10th 2010, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

mabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nicemabsy is just really nice

thanks both, it's some big Triumph, sprint maybe?
Old May 10th 2010, 6:41 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

thanks both, it's some big Triumph, sprint maybe?
Aaah, that may be an issue as I don't believe there is a Triumph dealer in the UAE. He may struggle with parts even if he can do his own servicing unless he's willing to ship stuff in.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:33 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I used to drive a Kawasaki 1100 cc but doubt I would like to have a bike here in the UAE. The summers are very hot (>42 degrees Celsius) for 3 or 4 months or longer - so it will be very hot and, combined with engine heat when you are at lights, stationary etc…it must be insufferable.

I notice very few bikers wearing leathers (probaby too hot) - but I wouldn't like to come off a bike and lose half my skin.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Roadking
Aaah, that may be an issue as I don't believe there is a Triumph dealer in the UAE. He may struggle with parts even if he can do his own servicing unless he's willing to ship stuff in.
Alfardan in Qatar is official Triumph dealer
Old May 10th 2010, 10:48 am
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Dilmun
Alfardan in Qatar is official Triumph dealer
Yep, that they are for Qatar even though there website doesn't work. There was talk of appointing them as the dealer for the UAE but I think that went south when the economy did.
Old May 10th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

As I understood they got the dealership for the whole ME.
Anyhow, Triumph in UK should be able to find the right contact for UAE.
Old May 10th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

thanks so much to all