Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

mother and baby groups in Dubai

mother and baby groups in Dubai

Old May 3rd 2010, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Felixcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mother and baby groups in Dubai

Hi all, I am a new mum and am really keen to meet other mums, are there any good groups recommended, particularly around the Marina end? Thanks for any info
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mother and baby groups in Dubai

Hi Felixcat, you will get a better response if you go to www.expatwoman.com lots of mothers and baby things there.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:05 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Felixcat - I'm in the marina too. Look on Facebook, there's JBR Sandpit, Marina Mums and various other playgroups. How old are your children?

I'll pm you.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

thanks Patsy stoned and Hello Kitty. My baby is just 9 weeks old Hello Kitty, I will pm you back
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

I can't access my pm unless I have 3 posts... this will be my third post then
Old May 3rd 2010, 4:39 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Felixcat
I can't access my pm unless I have 3 posts... this will be my third post then
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

shaz4real is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife, the little one (3 months) and I are due to move out to dubai in 2 weeks, any info on playgroups would be much appreciated

thanks
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:28 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by shaz4real
My wife, the little one (3 months) and I are due to move out to dubai in 2 weeks, any info on playgroups would be much appreciated

thanks
see above?

Depends where you're living tbh... each area has one or several... or if not, start one! No, honestly... it's not that hard.
Old May 6th 2010, 5:59 am
Banned

lawyeradviceldb is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a wonderful thinking
Old Apr 4th 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Gije09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: mother and baby groups in Dubai

Hi all am not british, though i have a 3months old baby and was wondering if the groups are open to expat (no matter of nationalities), plus if there is any where and how... I live in Dubai in the greens..

Thanx
Old Apr 4th 2011, 6:56 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by Gije09
Hi all am not british, though i have a 3months old baby and was wondering if the groups are open to expat (no matter of nationalities), plus if there is any where and how... I live in Dubai in the greens..

Thanx
children are a great leveller, and I don't know of any group that is exclusively for such-and-such a nationality... in fact, I'd steer well clear if there were!

I know there's a mother and baby group in the Greens, but don't know how they operate or how to contact them. I would actually loiter and ask anyone with a child of similar age to yours... again, the best way is just to invite people round to meet up for a playdate - you'll get to know what's going on and will be invited to more.

Marina Mums is based in the Marina but has to be the hugest M&B group in Dubai, with mums coming from all over the place, both originally and within Dubai, but their activities cater for pre-schoolers more than for babies - although everyone's welcome.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Gije09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
children are a great leveller, and I don't know of any group that is exclusively for such-and-such a nationality... in fact, I'd steer well clear if there were!

I know there's a mother and baby group in the Greens, but don't know how they operate or how to contact them. I would actually loiter and ask anyone with a child of similar age to yours... again, the best way is just to invite people round to meet up for a playdate - you'll get to know what's going on and will be invited to more.

Marina Mums is based in the Marina but has to be the hugest M&B group in Dubai, with mums coming from all over the place, both originally and within Dubai, but their activities cater for pre-schoolers more than for babies - although everyone's welcome.
Thank you Hello Kitty
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:15 pm
ex-expat

Originally Posted by Gije09
Thank you Hello Kitty
no problem! I've done a lot of loitering in my time here!

Lots of conversations ran something like:

[HK accosts random mum]
HK - Hi! [manic smile] I'm new!
[random mum] - oh... hi! [looks slightly stunned] I'm new too!
HK - Fantastic! [still grinning] We have children the same age! Fancy a coffee?
[random mum, still looking rather stunned] - er... ok?!

Actually, my most random expat mum meeting was in Hong Kong (just to prove we're all the same!). I got chatting to a complete stranger (2 kids, the youngest being the same age as my eldest) who thought she'd seen my mum taking the children out to the park the previous week, which couldn't have possibly been true, considering we were only there on a visit, but anyhow, after 15 minutes of random chit-chat on a street corner, she invited us all for lunch round hers. I think she was really quite bored, but still, it was really lovely to have a good chin-wag comparing expat life (very similar!) and the kids loved it.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:31 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Patsy stoned and Hello Kitty. My baby is just 9 weeks old Hello Kitty, I will pm you back
A midwife at Cooper Clinic has a get together for new babies/mums, its in a coffee shop close to their clinic, I believe its a Monday morning, but contact them and no doubt they will give you the details
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice

Hi all, I am a new mum and am really keen to meet other mums, are there any good groups recommended, particularly around the Marina end? Thanks for any info
Hi Felixcat, I recently moved from Abu Dhabi to Dubai and my wife will be joining me here in the next few weeks, we have a young son (almost 4 months old) so I'd be interested to know what you manage to find out about groups as I'm keen to help my wife settle in as quickly as possible!