Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Most Helpful/Effective Employment Agencies In Dubai?

Most Helpful/Effective Employment Agencies In Dubai?

Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:53 pm
T42
Just Joined

T42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Most Helpful/Effective Employment Agencies In Dubai?

Hi all,

Would be grateful for your advice on which agencies you found to be most helpful and effective in your UAE job searches from abroad.

I have read many of your informative threads and realise it is tougher to apply from overseas but I'm up for the challenge!

Looking for roles in marketing/sales management.

Thanks

Last edited by T42; Mar 8th 2008 at 2:23 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 4:12 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Helpful/Effective Employment Agencies In Dubai?

I used Kershaw Leonard twice, thought they were good but it was a while back. Check out the Gulf News Appointments Section
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:42 pm
T42
Just Joined

Smile Re: Most Helpful/Effective Employment Agencies In Dubai?

Hi Blue Cat,

Thanks for your response.
It is always good to get some anecdotal feedback from others who have gone through this experience before!
I am trying my luck and hope that I will get something worthwhile soon.
Must say that I'm impressed by the amount of helpful information in this forum. What a nice bunch of expats!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:11 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by T42
Hi Blue Cat,

Thanks for your response.
It is always good to get some anecdotal feedback from others who have gone through this experience before!
I am trying my luck and hope that I will get something worthwhile soon.
Must say that I'm impressed by the amount of helpful information in this forum. What a nice bunch of expats!
almost all of them, even if you upload you cv etc are total rubbish, I did a google search on the type of companies I wanted to work for and send covering emails and cv's to them.

I wouldn't hold your breath for agencies I'm afraid.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

wtf have you done to you avatar
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
wtf have you done to you avatar
I've gone all wibbly wobbly, its the stress of Dubai...
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:49 pm
T42
Just Joined

Thanks Spugsy, I am giving both avenues a try....early days yet!

From what I hear the agencies receive 100s of CVs a day from hopeful job seekers around the world so I guess they can be quite overwhelmed.

If anyone else would like to share their experiences it would be much appreciated!

By the way I have read somewhere that some employers actually hold on to employee passports while they are working in the country...pardon my ignorance but is this actually true?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by T42
Thanks Spugsy, I am giving both avenues a try....early days yet!

From what I hear the agencies receive 100s of CVs a day from hopeful job seekers around the world so I guess they can be quite overwhelmed.

If anyone else would like to share their experiences it would be much appreciated!

By the way I have read somewhere that some employers actually hold on to employee passports while they are working in the country...pardon my ignorance but is this actually true?
ok if you tell them 'I will be in dubai from the date of blah blah' there's more chance they'll get back to you,

they try yes, don't ask me about that, I may explode.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:09 pm
T42
Just Joined

Spugsy, with your current avatar (two heads) that would get messy! So I won't won't ask....am curious though!?!

Good tip on the "I will be there between such and such for interviews" approach!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by T42
Spugsy, with your current avatar (two heads) that would get messy! So I won't won't ask....am curious though!?!

Good tip on the "I will be there between such and such for interviews" approach!
they took mine for paperwork, didn't give it back, its 'company policy' to keep it, so I should give it back but I have it in my possession and I am keeping it, its going to get me into bother at work though, they keep thousands of them in a massive safe, but some people on here guided me to articles and websites saying that they shouldn't be keeping them, and even the british consulate tell you to not give it to them. It means every time I need it, I have to fill in a 'passport request form', get my manager to sign it then send it to head office who'll send it over - basically f**king ridiculous measures.

GRRRR.